USU soccer: Miyashiro named College Sports Madness WAC Soccer Player of the Week
Junior forward Mari Miyashiro was named College Sports Madness Western Athletic Conference Player of the Week for her performance during last week’s action. College Sports Madness identifies the highest impact players nationally each week from each conference.
This is the second-straight week an Aggie has earned the honor after senior goalkeeper Ashlyn Mulford was honored last week.
Miyashiro showed efficiency with two goals on two shots on goal for the Aggies, leading USU to a 3-1 win over Omaha on Aug. 26. She scored the first goal and the game-winning goal for the Aggies in the win over the Mavericks. In Utah State’s double overtime tie against Creighton on Aug. 24, Miyashiro had three shots. For the week, she started two matches with two goals, five shots and 115 minutes played. Miyashiro and the Aggies are now 3-0-1 this season, starting the year with at least a 2-0-0 record for the fourth-straight season.
Utah State (3-0-1) returns home for a single match against Northern Colorado on Friday, Aug. 31, at 4 p.m. Friday is also Utah Youth Soccer Day with clinics for children and on-field activities. The Aggie players will also be signing autographs after the match. On Sunday, Sept. 2, USU remains in the state but hits the road to face Utah Valley at 1 p.m.
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- High school football: Top 25 preseason rankings
- ACC media days has some interesting tidbits...
- Some fringe Jazz players opened eyes in Vegas
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to expand,...
- BYU football: Alani Fua may be next Cougar...
- Brain injury changes the lives and tests the...
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is an...
- Former BYU defensive lineman Eathyn...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to... 167
- Report: Former BYU guard Jimmer... 73
- BYU freshman linebacker reportedly... 72
- BYU's Jamaal Williams, Utah State's Joe... 58
- Peavler: Arizona vice president of... 52
- ACC media days has some interesting... 35
- Brad Rock: Decades later, equality... 30
- Watch list roundup: 22 local players... 26