SALT LAKE CITY — A man will serve jail time after being convicted of using a cellphone to take pictures up a young girl's skirt inside a Deseret Industries store.
Richard Scott Tolton, 39, was sentenced Monday to six months in the Salt Lake County Jail after being convicted of voyeurism by electronic equipment, a third-degree felony.
On June, 11, 2011, Tolton was inside the store, 724 E. 2100 South, and was observed by other store patrons touching the arm of a 4-year-old girl in the toy aisle, according to charging documents.
Police were called to the store. An officer reviewed store surveillance tape that showed Tolton crouched down next to the young girl and holding a cellphone under her skirt, court records state.
Tolton will be on three years' probation when he is released. During that time he has to complete sex offender treatment and is not allowed to have contact with anyone younger than 18.
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- South Carolina woman dies on Sundance zip line
- Weber County deputies investigating possible...
- A family's faith and a mother's legacy shine...
- Festival celebrates cultural traditions
- Photos: Here comes the sun
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 31
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 30
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 20
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 17
- Group targets Utah's public lands fight... 12
- A family's faith and a mother's legacy... 11