MIDVALE — Investigators continued to follow up numerous tips and leads Monday in the weekend shooting death of a Midvale man.
But as of Monday afternoon, detectives still only had a limited description of the gunman and no motive. Two women were also present during the shooting.
Now, the brother of Justen LeFave is pleading with the public to help police catch his brother's killer.
"For someone to be so coward," Jeremiah LeFave said emotionally. "(Shooting someone) is the most cowardous thing you can do. … To those girls, I want to say, 'How can you live with yourselves?'"
Just before 5:30 a.m. Sunday, a man and two women knocked on the door of apartment 1503 of the Wasatch Club Apartments, 6999 S. State. Justen LeFave — who would have turned 32 on Tuesday — answered the door and after a brief discussion was shot in the entryway.
LeFave was living with his brother, Jeremiah, at the time of the shooting.
"I don't want to get up," Jeremiah LeFave said Monday. "I got up this morning and wanted to call him."
LeFave remembered his brother as someone who was always willing to help those in need, including himself when he needed someone to watch his kids.
"He's always been there for me more than anyone in my family. And when I had no one, he was there. And when he had no one, I was there," Jeremiah LeFave said.
LeFave doesn't believe the shooting was drug-related as some have speculated. He believes someone wanted revenge on his brother, but he couldn't say why.
"If anyone had anything bad to say about him it was because he turned them away because they were not a good person. If you could not introduce them to your mom, they were not a good person," he said.
The gunman and the two women were last seen leaving the apartment complex at a high rate of speed in a tan GMC Yukon with chrome rims and tinted windows. Witnesses described the man as bald, heavy-set with tattoos and a goatee.
Anyone with information on the shooting can call police at 801-743-7000.
- About Utah: Utah Valley University fills a...
- Concealed permit holder stopped armed robbery...
- Photos: Hollywood comes to Utah with the...
- Lawmakers looking to pump up gas tax this...
- Attorneys want BYU track team testimony...
- LDS apostle Elder David A. Bednar offers...
- Mom accused of killing 6 newborns considering...
- Real Salt Lake proposes to pay for $18M...
- Lawmakers looking to pump up gas tax... 56
- Sen. Mike Lee urges conservative... 35
- Are you willing to pay more for your... 24
- Concealed permit holder stopped armed... 23
- Darrien Hunt's mother pleads not guilty... 20
- Inmates turn in handgun and magazine... 18
- New prison site not expected to be... 16
- Former Utah Speaker of the House Becky... 15