BRIGHAM CITY — An Idaho man was killed Monday when the SUV he was driving rear-ended a semitrailer, police said.
About 1:30 p.m., a Ford Escape driven by Anthony Jackson, 31, of Boise, crashed into the back of the semi on I-15 just south of Brigham City, Utah Highway Patrol Cpl. Todd Johnson said. Jackson was killed in the crash.
Traffic at the time was being diverted to the right lane because of a brush fire in the median. The driver of the semitrailer, Joshua Wilkes, 25, of Highland, was either slowing or stopped at the time of the accident, Johnson said.
The Escape was unable to stop in time and clipped the right rear of the semitrailer, police said. The SUV then spun and hit the guardrail.
A passenger in the Escape was taken to a local hospital with undisclosed injuries.
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre urges...
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close South...
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence of...
- Deer attacks man in Draper backyard, police say
- Two rescued after falling through ice at...
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- Driver in DUI crash that maimed 11-year-old...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 56
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 39
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre... 28
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 26
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 14