BRIGHAM CITY — An Idaho man was killed Monday when the SUV he was driving rear-ended a semitrailer, police said.
About 1:30 p.m., a Ford Escape driven by Anthony Jackson, 31, of Boise, crashed into the back of the semi on I-15 just south of Brigham City, Utah Highway Patrol Cpl. Todd Johnson said. Jackson was killed in the crash.
Traffic at the time was being diverted to the right lane because of a brush fire in the median. The driver of the semitrailer, Joshua Wilkes, 25, of Highland, was either slowing or stopped at the time of the accident, Johnson said.
The Escape was unable to stop in time and clipped the right rear of the semitrailer, police said. The SUV then spun and hit the guardrail.
A passenger in the Escape was taken to a local hospital with undisclosed injuries.
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Watch out for Utah Highway Patrol 'slow-down'...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- A World War II veteran's story: 'I had...
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 159
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 78
- Police release names of officers... 36
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 34
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20
- Utah facing affordable housing crisis,... 18
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 18
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 17