BRIGHAM CITY — An Idaho man was killed Monday when the SUV he was driving rear-ended a semitrailer, police said.
About 1:30 p.m., a Ford Escape driven by Anthony Jackson, 31, of Boise, crashed into the back of the semi on I-15 just south of Brigham City, Utah Highway Patrol Cpl. Todd Johnson said. Jackson was killed in the crash.
Traffic at the time was being diverted to the right lane because of a brush fire in the median. The driver of the semitrailer, Joshua Wilkes, 25, of Highland, was either slowing or stopped at the time of the accident, Johnson said.
The Escape was unable to stop in time and clipped the right rear of the semitrailer, police said. The SUV then spun and hit the guardrail.
A passenger in the Escape was taken to a local hospital with undisclosed injuries.
- North Ogden woman sent to prison in...
- Salt Lake officer captured Dillon Taylor...
- Lunch manager on leave after diabetic student...
- Tips lead police to arrest of public enemy No. 1
- Stranger donates vehicle to Bountiful...
- Odyssey Elementary opens doors for...
- Family seeks change as poisoned tea...
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year
- Poll: Utahns willing to fight for... 58
- Utah argues for more time to file... 37
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year 32
- Government regulation has become like... 31
- Lunch manager on leave after diabetic... 25
- State asks for more time to file appeal... 24
- End of an era: Huntsville bookshop... 22
- Poll: Majority of Utahns in favor of... 22