BRIGHAM CITY — An Idaho man was killed Monday when the SUV he was driving rear-ended a semitrailer, police said.
About 1:30 p.m., a Ford Escape driven by Anthony Jackson, 31, of Boise, crashed into the back of the semi on I-15 just south of Brigham City, Utah Highway Patrol Cpl. Todd Johnson said. Jackson was killed in the crash.
Traffic at the time was being diverted to the right lane because of a brush fire in the median. The driver of the semitrailer, Joshua Wilkes, 25, of Highland, was either slowing or stopped at the time of the accident, Johnson said.
The Escape was unable to stop in time and clipped the right rear of the semitrailer, police said. The SUV then spun and hit the guardrail.
A passenger in the Escape was taken to a local hospital with undisclosed injuries.
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please return...
- Rally in support of police also draws counter...
- Bringing joy through simple acts of kindness
- Fire at Little America Hotel forces overnight...
- Park City police nab pair suspected of...
- Baby's first Christmas comes with gift of hope
- Gary (and Rose) Neeleman: Q and A with a...
- Police seek your help finding man, woman in...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 131
- List of potential prison sites cut to... 44
- Rally in support of police also draws... 35
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 29
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please... 21
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 19
- Police: Gunman said he shot at trooper... 13
- Judge issues summons for 'Super Dell' 9