BRIGHAM CITY — An Idaho man was killed Monday when the SUV he was driving rear-ended a semitrailer, police said.
About 1:30 p.m., a Ford Escape driven by Anthony Jackson, 31, of Boise, crashed into the back of the semi on I-15 just south of Brigham City, Utah Highway Patrol Cpl. Todd Johnson said. Jackson was killed in the crash.
Traffic at the time was being diverted to the right lane because of a brush fire in the median. The driver of the semitrailer, Joshua Wilkes, 25, of Highland, was either slowing or stopped at the time of the accident, Johnson said.
The Escape was unable to stop in time and clipped the right rear of the semitrailer, police said. The SUV then spun and hit the guardrail.
A passenger in the Escape was taken to a local hospital with undisclosed injuries.
- Newborn found in trash can brings call for help
- Audit reveals major concerns about UTA...
- Carbon monoxide leak suspected in death of 2...
- 3 Mormon missionaries die in 2 separate...
- Man arrested in connection with baby's death
- Woman accused of leaving young son outside...
- Court allows Utah more time to file gay...
- Lawmaker's proposal would offer free tuition...
- Back (home) to school: Thousands of... 53
- New poll shows many Utahns oppose and... 48
- House Speaker Becky Lockhart is running... 36
- Carbon monoxide leak suspected in death... 34
- Court allows Utah more time to file gay... 33
- Newborn found in trash can brings call... 31
- 3 Mormon missionaries die in 2 separate... 30
- LDS missionary critically injured in... 27