I was not surprised that she asked about my family, and she was not surprised to hear that before he left, Omar offered to troubleshoot a few issues on my laptop, just like the good old days. Talk about a long-distance service call.
I marveled at the success and influence of the Apple brand as Omar and his fiancée disappeared down the street.
Then I pondered about how this experience relates to individuals: whether we’re in business or not, don’t we all have a brand? It’s what people think of when they see us pass their windows. Are we service-minded? Are we kind? Are we generous with our time? Are we memorable miles away for the right reasons?
He didn’t mean to, but Omar’s visit made me think of the thousands of people I’ve met in the past few years in social and professional settings. What sort of impact have I had, and where would I rank on the American Customer Service Index?
How about you? Is your own personal brand reminiscent of Apple and its employees or something else?
Frankly, I can’t wait for Omar to pass by my window again. I’m having new computer issues, and this time I'm sure it’s almost definitely maybe not user error.
Jason F. Wright is a New York Times best-selling author of eight books, including "Christmas Jars" and "The Wednesday Letters." His latest, "The 13th Day of Christmas," will be released on Oct 9. He can be reached at email@example.com.
- When Satan steals your motherhood
- Wright Words: Idaho woman learns to...
- Profane, award-winning 'Book of Mormon'...
- Local religious leaders urge support for...
- LDS World: Receiving comfort in our afflictions
- Actress Leah Remini criticized after...
- Returned Mormon missionaries in college...
- Family of BYU student hit by car say they are...
- Temple tax: European court rules LDS... 100
- Gay marriage debate is changing how... 84
- Profane, award-winning 'Book of Mormon'... 56
- When Satan steals your motherhood 44
- Defending the Faith: Where is Mount Sinai? 24
- Director Darren Aronofsky’s... 20
- Local religious leaders urge support... 20
- Actress Leah Remini criticized after... 14