Man shot while selling corn at roadside stand in N. Ogden
NORTH OGDEN — A 30-year-old man was shot Saturday morning while selling corn at a roadside stand.
A male entered the victim's corn stand at 1920 N. Washington Blvd. and demanded money. He eventually shot the victim and fled on foot.
The suspected was described as Hispanic, between 25 and 30 years old, between 5 feet 6 inches and 5 feet 8 inches tall and wearing a white shirt and blue jeans
"Officers from the North Ogden Police Department as well as officers from several other agencies responded to the scene and searched the area for the suspect," North Ogden Police Deparmtent Sgt. Clark Crowther said in a prepared statement.
"(He) has not been located or identified at this time. This incident is currently being investigated."
Crowther said the victim was treated at the scene by paramedics and transported by ambulance to the hospital. As far as Crowther is aware, the victim did not know who the suspect was.
Those with information regarding the suspect are asked to contact Weber County Dispatch at 801-629-8221.
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please return...
- Fountain Green holds first Christmas light...
- Looming knee surgery inspired man to carve canes
- Baby's first Christmas comes with gift of hope
- Resting her case: Judge reflects on Cuban...
- Park City police nab pair suspected of...
- Christmas tradition: Judge visits jail to...
- Rally in support of police also draws counter...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 130
- List of potential prison sites cut to... 44
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 29
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 18
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please... 18
- Police: Gunman said he shot at trooper... 13
- Utah family making renewed push for... 9
- Judge issues summons for 'Super Dell' 9