Man shot while selling corn at roadside stand in N. Ogden
NORTH OGDEN — A 30-year-old man was shot Saturday morning while selling corn at a roadside stand.
A male entered the victim's corn stand at 1920 N. Washington Blvd. and demanded money. He eventually shot the victim and fled on foot.
The suspected was described as Hispanic, between 25 and 30 years old, between 5 feet 6 inches and 5 feet 8 inches tall and wearing a white shirt and blue jeans
"Officers from the North Ogden Police Department as well as officers from several other agencies responded to the scene and searched the area for the suspect," North Ogden Police Deparmtent Sgt. Clark Crowther said in a prepared statement.
"(He) has not been located or identified at this time. This incident is currently being investigated."
Crowther said the victim was treated at the scene by paramedics and transported by ambulance to the hospital. As far as Crowther is aware, the victim did not know who the suspect was.
Those with information regarding the suspect are asked to contact Weber County Dispatch at 801-629-8221.
- Was pregnancy rumor a factor in killing of...
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- Father says daughter was stabbed 46 times
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Conrad Truman found guilty of murdering wife...
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015 World...
- Teen accused of killing 15-year-old makes...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 87
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 60
- Federal government extends same-sex... 40
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015... 29
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy... 24
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination... 17
- Owens participates in Rotary Club... 16