1-month-old hospitalized after near drowning in Draper bathtub
Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
DRAPER — A 1-month old boy was in critical condition Friday after nearly drowning in a bathtub.
Police and paramedics responded to a possible drowning near 13000 S. Pinnacle Way around 2 p.m. Paramedics performed CPR on the boy and transported him to Primary Children's Medical Center.
The boy's father was in the process of bathing him when the infant nearly drowned, said Draper Police Sgt. Pat Evans. The baby was not breathing when he was taken by medical helicopter to the hospital.
"It's a very difficult situation anytime you're dealing with someone in that type of situation," Evans said. "But with children, it's obviously more sensitive and more critical to get them the help as fast as possible."
The father was believed to have been with the infant during the entire time, Evans said, adding that the investigation thus far had not turned criminal.
"We're going to do our due diligence and do a thorough investigation," Evans said. "We have detectives and crime scene investigators who are going to do everything they can to put together what happened."
The father was alone with the child when he called 911 for help.
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking...
- Police stumped about what caused Springville...
- Granite School District reaches agreement...
- Police probing what caused deaths of...
- About Utah: Baltic Avenue just bought Boardwalk!
- Heavy rains flood homes, cemetery in Herriman
- Body of overdue hiker found in Zion National...
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex marriage
- Students rally for beard 'revolution'... 77
- Utah gay marriage case first in line at... 57
- Mia Love declines to make joint... 50
- Join the discussion: How libertarian is... 36
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking... 35
- Coast-to-coast horseback ride against... 30
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex... 21
- 2 Utah companies respond to FDA warning... 18