Laura Seitz, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Bricklayers took part in the Utah regional bricklaying competition for the World Series of Bricklaying on Friday. The competition took place at QUIKRETE Utah in Salt Lake City.
The SPEC MIX BRICKLAYER 500 Regionals are a series of 16 qualifying events taking place throughout North America that draws the area's best masons possessing the skill, speed and stamina, according to a press release.
Each team, consisting of a mason and a mason tender, had 60 minutes to complete an approximately 26-foot, double-wythe brick wall within a defined work area, while meeting strict quality standards. The winner of each regional competition will advance on to the National Event. Award places are based on the highest brick counts meeting the quality standards and competition rules.
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Doug Robinson: How this woman's focus on...
- Woman critically injured in Bountiful...
- Photos: A Pioneer Day celebration of heritage...
- Man falls 70 feet to his death in Provo
- Man shot dead in Midvale; alleged shooter in...
- 4 arrested in connection with fatal Cedar...
- Midvale killing may be case of self-defense,...
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 75
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 65
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 24
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Shurtleff exonerated, but questions and... 19
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17