Laura Seitz, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Bricklayers took part in the Utah regional bricklaying competition for the World Series of Bricklaying on Friday. The competition took place at QUIKRETE Utah in Salt Lake City.
The SPEC MIX BRICKLAYER 500 Regionals are a series of 16 qualifying events taking place throughout North America that draws the area's best masons possessing the skill, speed and stamina, according to a press release.
Each team, consisting of a mason and a mason tender, had 60 minutes to complete an approximately 26-foot, double-wythe brick wall within a defined work area, while meeting strict quality standards. The winner of each regional competition will advance on to the National Event. Award places are based on the highest brick counts meeting the quality standards and competition rules.
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- EX-BYU quarterback Max Hall arrested in...
- Bear spends two hours trying to enter...
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Doug Robinson: Looking back on a cop's career
- Solar energy users claim victory as 'sun tax'...
- Crews rescue two hikers on Mount Timpanogos
- Man, 69, missing after his boat capsizes in...
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 32
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 23
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Solar energy users claim victory as... 14
- U. tailgating carries tradition of... 10
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns... 10
- Man charged with killing baby in Ogden... 8
- Circleville farmers scratching their... 8