After a neutral match and a home match, the Utah State soccer team will travel to Omaha, Neb., for a pair of road matches, beginning with a match against Creighton on Friday, Aug. 24, at 4 p.m. (MT) at Morrison Stadium.
Utah State began the season 2-0 for the fourth-straight season. Last year, the Aggies won their first nine matches before a road loss to Tulsa. Last week, the blue and white started strong with a win against Utah at Rio Tinto Stadium in Sandy, Utah, 1-0. The Aggies won their home opener against UTEP 2-1.
This is the first meeting of Utah State and Creighton. The Bluejays are 0-1-0 this season after a 1-0 loss to Iowa State in their season opener on Aug. 19. The Cyclones earned the win, scoring in the 92nd minute.
Head coach Heather Cairns will return to her old stomping grounds as she was an assistant coach for the Bluejays from 1999-2002. She was an assistant coach for Creighton head coach Bruce Erickson.
In two wins so far this season, four different Aggies have earned a point. Senior defender Natalie Norris, junior midfielder Jennifer Flynn and sophomore midfielder Kylie Dibb all scored goals for USU. Sophomore midfielder Lexie Morgan added an assist in the game-winning goal by Dibb against UTEP.
Norris and senior goalkeeper Ashlyn Mulford were named the Western Athletic Conference Players of the Week. Norris earned WAC Defensive Player of the Week honors, while Mulford was named the first-ever WAC Goalkeeper of the Week. This was Norris’ second WAC Player of the Week honor after winning the award in 2010. This was the first conference honor for Mulford.
After facing the Bluejays, USU concludes its trip to the Cornhusker State, taking on Omaha on Sunday, Aug. 26, at 11 a.m. (MT).
Live stats are available for both matches and can be accessed through www.UtahStateAggies.com.
Fans can follow the Aggie volleyball program at twitter.com/USUSoccer or on facebook at facebook.com/USUSoccer. Aggie fans can also follow the Utah State athletic program at twitter.com/USUAthletics or on facebook at facebook.com/USUAthletics.
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- Video: Improbable final play lifts Maple...
- Royals Pitcher Jeremy Guthrie expresses...
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury
- Red and Blue Recruits: Examining the...
- Kansas City Royals turn to former BYU pitcher...
- Live streams: 2A & 3A volleyball tournament...
- Curtain raiser: Quin Snyder Era begins in...
- Poppinga has endured dark times before, hopes...
- Keeping it rolling: Utes top Trojans in... 87
- BYU needs win at Middle Tennessee to... 77
- Dick Harmon: BYU's defense needs Bronco... 58
- Misery loves company: BYU football No.... 57
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall gives... 46
- High school football: State tournament... 42
- Poppinga has endured dark times before,... 41
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury 35