Alex BoyÉ, Women's World Health Initiative to present night of music benefiting charity
Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Inspirational singer Alex Boyé and the Women's World Health Initiative will present a night of music on Saturday, Aug. 25. The event will take place from 6 to 9 p.m. at The Leonardo, 209 E. 500 South.
Boyé will perform alongside an African children's choir and drummers. All funds will go to women and children in Senegal, in western Africa.
"Alex is the perfect performer for our charity event," said Dana Allison, executive director of the Women's World Health Initiative, in a news release. "He not only relates to an international audience but also has a genuine desire to give back in a meaningful way, which is what WWHI's mission aims to do."
The Women's World Health Initiative is built on a foundation of partnerships with local, governmental and private enterprises. The group supports community ownership of projects and the upscaling of current community-led and community-run initiatives through social enterprise. Its main focus is to provide sustainable development.
General admission tickets are $35 and VIP tickets are $75. A VIP reception will begin at 6 p.m., with the performance starting at 7 p.m. All ticket holders will have the chance to win raffle prizes.
For more information, call 801-865-6512 or visit www.wwhi.org.
- The Killers collaborates with Owen Wilson and...
- Carrie Underwood stars in NBC's 'The Sound of...
- Tips for LDS bloggers from the 'ultimate...
- Saving Africa? New book casts harsh light on...
- Faith sustained author through rejection,...
- 'A Christmas Story' fans encounter BB gun,...
- Pentatonix shares 'magical' a cappella...
- Utahn hits the big time on Broadway
- The Killers collaborates with Owen... 7
- Saving Africa? New book casts harsh... 6
- Alpine woman is a dessert contest,... 5
- Frugal millennials leading way in... 5
- Faith sustained author through... 5
- Tips for LDS bloggers from the... 4
- Speed a factor in crash that killed... 3
- Fatherhood inspired one of Walker's... 2