Photo gallery: Family, schoolchildren speak with soldier in Afghanistan
Ravell Call, Deseret News
WEST JORDAN — Students in Marci Law's third-grade class at Jordan Hills Elementary chatted with 1st Sgt. Bryan Smethurst via Skype from Afghanistan — and the soldier was pleasantly surprised when his wife, son and mother joined in.
Smethurst, Law's brother, previously had received letters from students in the class.
- Rep. Justin Miller pleads guilty to...
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- Police seek alleged drug money from woman...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with...
- Utah man impresses all four judges on 'The...
- Inmate charged with sending threatening...
- Rep. Jason Chaffetz says he wouldn't run...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 67
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 42
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 41
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 29
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 20
- Judge dismisses negligence lawsuit... 15
- Lawmakers hear support for Medicaid... 15