Photo gallery: Family, schoolchildren speak with soldier in Afghanistan
Ravell Call, Deseret News
WEST JORDAN — Students in Marci Law's third-grade class at Jordan Hills Elementary chatted with 1st Sgt. Bryan Smethurst via Skype from Afghanistan — and the soldier was pleasantly surprised when his wife, son and mother joined in.
Smethurst, Law's brother, previously had received letters from students in the class.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Millions being spent gambling at 2 bingo...
- Tooele praised for 'incredible' support in...
- 2 charged in attack on gay men; prosecutor...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 27
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 16
- Can police-community relations be... 14
- Rep. Mia Love buying $1M in TV ads for... 13
- Giant algal bloom likely to fuel Utah... 10