Photo gallery: Family, schoolchildren speak with soldier in Afghanistan
Ravell Call, Deseret News
WEST JORDAN — Students in Marci Law's third-grade class at Jordan Hills Elementary chatted with 1st Sgt. Bryan Smethurst via Skype from Afghanistan — and the soldier was pleasantly surprised when his wife, son and mother joined in.
Smethurst, Law's brother, previously had received letters from students in the class.
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over, West...
- S.L. draws up airport plans
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah Scout...
- Warrants issued for 3 suspects in beating...
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- 'Mantiques' could be a ticket to more cash
- XanGo co-founder accuses partners of...
- World War II munitions with mustard agent...
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet,... 66
- Mia Love announces she's officially... 42
- GOP delegates reject changes to... 31
- S.L. draws up airport plans 30
- XanGo co-founder accuses partners of... 22
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over,... 19
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah... 19
- Gov. Gary Herbert tells Washington... 14