Photo gallery: Family, schoolchildren speak with soldier in Afghanistan
Ravell Call, Deseret News
WEST JORDAN — Students in Marci Law's third-grade class at Jordan Hills Elementary chatted with 1st Sgt. Bryan Smethurst via Skype from Afghanistan — and the soldier was pleasantly surprised when his wife, son and mother joined in.
Smethurst, Law's brother, previously had received letters from students in the class.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 37
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 35
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 34
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Rep. Love hosts poverty discussion with... 18
- How the tech industry grew a rural Utah... 13