SALT LAKE CITY — The David Eccles School of Business at the University of Utah Wednesday announced that Jay Barney is joining the school as a presidential professor of strategic management and as Lassonde chair of social entrepreneurship.
He comes to the Eccles School after 18 years at Ohio State University.
“Jay’s hiring further reinforces the reputation of the David Eccles School of Business as being a home for strategic innovators,” said Taylor Randall, the school’s dean. “He is one of the top five management strategists in the world, and he brings with him a unique ability to do research that influences industry.”
Barney specializes in strategy and strategic management. His research has focused on the relationship between firm skills and capabilities and sustained competitive advantage.
He has published more than 100 articles in a variety of journals — including Management Science, Sloan Management Review and the Harvard Business Review— and he has published six books.
Prior to his time at Ohio State, Barney was on the faculty of the Anderson Graduate School of Management at UCLA and on the faculty at Texas A&M. He received his master’s and doctorate from Yale University, and his undergraduate degree from Brigham Young University.
- For a waitress, sexual harassment is an...
- Utah improves score in national rankings on...
- What you need to know about massive air bag...
- Lehi-based Vivint debuts innovation facility
- HealthCare.gov's EZ form not for legal...
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination law...
- Britain protests EU demand for additional...
- Customer decline hits McDonald's sales, profit
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination... 19
- For a waitress, sexual harassment is an... 8
- Customer decline hits McDonald's sales,... 4
- Egg freezing is now a perk of the... 4
- Lower gas prices could mean economic... 3
- Survey: Harassment a common part of... 2
- Q&A: Journalist Dan Rather speaks on... 2
- EPA: Gas mileage inflated on 4 Mini... 1