SALT LAKE CITY — The David Eccles School of Business at the University of Utah Wednesday announced that Jay Barney is joining the school as a presidential professor of strategic management and as Lassonde chair of social entrepreneurship.
He comes to the Eccles School after 18 years at Ohio State University.
“Jay’s hiring further reinforces the reputation of the David Eccles School of Business as being a home for strategic innovators,” said Taylor Randall, the school’s dean. “He is one of the top five management strategists in the world, and he brings with him a unique ability to do research that influences industry.”
Barney specializes in strategy and strategic management. His research has focused on the relationship between firm skills and capabilities and sustained competitive advantage.
He has published more than 100 articles in a variety of journals — including Management Science, Sloan Management Review and the Harvard Business Review— and he has published six books.
Prior to his time at Ohio State, Barney was on the faculty of the Anderson Graduate School of Management at UCLA and on the faculty at Texas A&M. He received his master’s and doctorate from Yale University, and his undergraduate degree from Brigham Young University.
- Phone lines are open: Customers camp out for...
- Yellen says US families need to boost savings
- PepsiCo latest sponsor to voice NFL concern
- Riverton Hospital expansion aims to meet...
- Stericycle critics: Shut it down now
- Where’s the app for an earthquake warning?
- Bus ads bringing thousands of dollars in revenue
- Financial interventions don't work
- Yellen says US families need to boost... 9
- Financial interventions don't work 7
- Salt Lake City is now 'Ski City USA' in... 5
- Extended warranties a big sell. Are... 4
- PepsiCo latest sponsor to voice NFL... 4
- Dave Ramsey says: Tips for stretching... 4
- FedEx to add 50,000 seasonal jobs 2
- Where’s the app for an earthquake... 2