SALT LAKE CITY — The David Eccles School of Business at the University of Utah Wednesday announced that Jay Barney is joining the school as a presidential professor of strategic management and as Lassonde chair of social entrepreneurship.
He comes to the Eccles School after 18 years at Ohio State University.
“Jay’s hiring further reinforces the reputation of the David Eccles School of Business as being a home for strategic innovators,” said Taylor Randall, the school’s dean. “He is one of the top five management strategists in the world, and he brings with him a unique ability to do research that influences industry.”
Barney specializes in strategy and strategic management. His research has focused on the relationship between firm skills and capabilities and sustained competitive advantage.
He has published more than 100 articles in a variety of journals — including Management Science, Sloan Management Review and the Harvard Business Review— and he has published six books.
Prior to his time at Ohio State, Barney was on the faculty of the Anderson Graduate School of Management at UCLA and on the faculty at Texas A&M. He received his master’s and doctorate from Yale University, and his undergraduate degree from Brigham Young University.
- Employee error ruins 41 acres of Salt Lake...
- Astronauts board space station for 1-year...
- What 'The Office' teaches us about job...
- Salt Lake City to become next Google Fiber city
- Park City approves lift connecting 2 ski resorts
- Internet outages reveal gaps in US broadband...
- Bill before Utah governor to regulate...
- Colorado drilling plan has safeguards for...
- Salt Lake City to become next Google... 17
- UTA board approves new pay plan for... 11
- AP Investigation: Slavery taints global... 6
- Oil council: Shale won't last, Arctic... 3
- Internet outages reveal gaps in US... 2
- Astronauts board space station for... 2
- Stericycle medical waste incinerator... 2
- What 'The Office' teaches us about job... 1