SALT LAKE CITY — The David Eccles School of Business at the University of Utah Wednesday announced that Jay Barney is joining the school as a presidential professor of strategic management and as Lassonde chair of social entrepreneurship.
He comes to the Eccles School after 18 years at Ohio State University.
“Jay’s hiring further reinforces the reputation of the David Eccles School of Business as being a home for strategic innovators,” said Taylor Randall, the school’s dean. “He is one of the top five management strategists in the world, and he brings with him a unique ability to do research that influences industry.”
Barney specializes in strategy and strategic management. His research has focused on the relationship between firm skills and capabilities and sustained competitive advantage.
He has published more than 100 articles in a variety of journals — including Management Science, Sloan Management Review and the Harvard Business Review— and he has published six books.
Prior to his time at Ohio State, Barney was on the faculty of the Anderson Graduate School of Management at UCLA and on the faculty at Texas A&M. He received his master’s and doctorate from Yale University, and his undergraduate degree from Brigham Young University.
- Young adults are faced with risky decision to...
- Better than a raise: The smallest thing you...
- WestJet airline video goes viral as Santa...
- The Grand America and the Flower Patch: Once...
- Are Americans investing or speculating on a...
- Gift Guide: Do homework when buying a tablet...
- Utah gas prices among lowest in nation
- 2 financial goals you should revisit every year
- Young adults are faced with risky... 13
- The American Dream is still alive for... 11
- Better than a raise: The smallest thing... 11
- System failure to blame for delayed... 9
- Leavitt stresses importance of allies,... 8
- WestJet airline video goes viral as... 4
- Utah gas prices among lowest in nation 4
- Companies make CEO changes in U.S. and... 3