SALT LAKE CITY — The David Eccles School of Business at the University of Utah Wednesday announced that Jay Barney is joining the school as a presidential professor of strategic management and as Lassonde chair of social entrepreneurship.
He comes to the Eccles School after 18 years at Ohio State University.
“Jay’s hiring further reinforces the reputation of the David Eccles School of Business as being a home for strategic innovators,” said Taylor Randall, the school’s dean. “He is one of the top five management strategists in the world, and he brings with him a unique ability to do research that influences industry.”
Barney specializes in strategy and strategic management. His research has focused on the relationship between firm skills and capabilities and sustained competitive advantage.
He has published more than 100 articles in a variety of journals — including Management Science, Sloan Management Review and the Harvard Business Review— and he has published six books.
Prior to his time at Ohio State, Barney was on the faculty of the Anderson Graduate School of Management at UCLA and on the faculty at Texas A&M. He received his master’s and doctorate from Yale University, and his undergraduate degree from Brigham Young University.
- Couples registry gets preliminary nod from...
- XanGo seeks ouster of co-founder in new lawsuit
- The future of food? 3D printing moves beyond...
- 'Mantiques' could be a ticket to more cash
- S.L. draws up airport plans
- IRS official to take the 5th at hearing
- ESPN cutting workforce, 'smartly managing costs'
- AIG CEO tells college graduates facing...
- S.L. draws up airport plans 32
- Writers offer personal finance advice... 30
- Couples registry gets preliminary nod... 29
- Should we let wunderkinds drop out of... 12
- Obama opposes GOP bill on Keystone XL... 10
- Apple's Cook to face Senate questions... 6
- The future of food? 3D printing moves... 6
- Airport TRAX ridership remains strong... 6