1940 Census: “We did it!” exclaims the familysearch.org blog. “The final five states of the 1940 U.S. Census Project have been posted on the familysearch.org website!! These states include Massachusetts, Michigan, New Jersey, South Carolina and Tennessee. We have posted the indexes for Guam, Panama Canal and Virgin Islands, as well. American Samoa is nearly complete and Puerto Rico is still 25 percent complete. These last two territories will be posted as soon as they are ready to post.” Hooray. Click in to find more information as well as a nice thank you to all those who volunteered their time and efforts to make this project a reality in record time.
Living Christ: I seem to remember highlighting this before, but as this blogger has brought it back in an easier downloadable format, I think it is definitely worth another look. Find a beautiful depiction of “The Living Christ” document, projected onto printable cards to make into booklets for easy memorization. Or wouldn’t it be a nice gift?
Internet infographic: Larry Richman highlights this animated infographic that depicts “The Internet a Decade Later.” Just as an example of the data you will find, do you know how much time people spent daily on the Internet back in 2002? An average of 46 minutes. Today? Four hours. Whoa. Click in for other cool factoids.
Emily W. Jensen updates "Today in the Bloggernacle" on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, presenting the best from the world of LDS-oriented blog sites. Her extended "Bloggernacle Back Bench" appears on Tuesdays. Email: email@example.com
- Wright Words: Oklahoma tornado provides...
- 'Tattooed Mormon' Al Fox shares her...
- Tornado relief spurs LDS Church, Layton's...
- Letters to family show Steven Powell still...
- Public invited to funeral services for Sister...
- USA Today takes note of LDS sister missionaries
- Woman told she would never walk, talk defies...
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- 'Tattooed Mormon' Al Fox shares her... 32
- Muslim leaders in U.S. facing... 25
- Wright Words: Oklahoma tornado provides... 23
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah... 22
- Secretary of State John Kerry says... 22
- Supreme Court to weigh in on... 17
- Hundreds of teens in Southern... 12
- Public invited to funeral services for... 9