SALT LAKE CITY —One of Utah's most wanted has been arrested in California.
Parvis Marcel Marashi, 35, was on the Utah Department of Corrections' Most Wanted parole fugitives list.
Marashi was arrested by U.S. Marshals in Fresno near an apartment complex. He was taken into custody without incident.
In 2003. Marashi was sentenced to the Utah State Prison after being convicted of theft and two counts of sexual abuse of a child, second-degree felonies.
He was paroled in September of 2011. But the Board of Pardons issued a warrant for his arrest in April after Marashi violated parole and absconded from supervision.
- Should Meagan Grunwald get life without parole?
- Photo gallery: Journey headlines 35th Stadium...
- Funeral services for President Boyd K. Packer...
- President Boyd K. Packer, champion of...
- Photos: A photographic look at President Boyd...
- 25 of the craziest — and cutest —...
- About Utah: They go back to give back
- Are 'calm' South Jordan burglars tied to...
- LDS Church donates to Utah Pride... 68
- Should Meagan Grunwald get life without... 45
- My view: Move the prison for the sake... 42
- President Boyd K. Packer, champion of... 40
- Idaho's gay marriage ban remains in... 36
- Former Provo High teacher pleads guilty... 27
- Utah senators seeking support for... 16
- My view: Utah lawmakers can protect... 13