VERNAL — A Vernal man is facing a felony charge after police say he attacked his roommate with a weapon made famous by a comic book antihero.
Kristofer Ryan Huff, 19, was charged Friday in 8th District Court with aggravated assault, a second-degree felony.
He is accused of using a knife and a replica of the claws associated with the Marvel Comics character Wolverine in his Aug. 8 attack on his 20-year-old roommate.
"(The alleged victim) sustained probably five to six wounds to his head, and then two to his arm, multiple defense wounds on his hands and then one real deep wound to his thigh," said Vernal Police Sgt. Vance Norton.
The alleged victim initially told officers at the emergency room that he'd been in a fight with a group of strangers on the street, according to court records. However he later identified Huff as his attacker after officers found blood at the home the two men share, court records state.
Norton said Huff's mother was also stabbed in the left arm during the incident as she tried to pull him off his roommate. Huff's mother is dating his roommate, the sergeant said, noting that the two men have been "best friends since they were younger."
"It was kind of a domestic-type incident that took place," Norton said.
Huff was booked into the Uintah County Jail, but was released after posting $10,000 bail. He is due to make his first court appearance Sept. 10.
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over, West...
- S.L. draws up airport plans
- Tornado relief spurs LDS Church, Layton's...
- Couples registry gets preliminary nod from...
- Father vows to keep looking for Susan Cox Powell
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah Scout...
- 'Mantiques' could be a ticket to more cash
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- Mia Love announces she's officially... 42
- GOP delegates reject changes to... 31
- S.L. draws up airport plans 30
- XanGo co-founder accuses partners of... 23
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over,... 20
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah... 19
- Gov. Gary Herbert tells Washington... 15
- Couples registry gets preliminary nod... 13