Bloggernacle Back Bench: Five more fantastic videos and another miracle on the Sea of Galilee
Mormon Messages for Youth
Yesterday I posted five fantastic videos and here I find myself doing it again. The Web overfloweth with marvelous movies:
1. “Reclaimed” tells the story of a piece of land in Idaho Falls, Idaho, that used to be a garbage dump but has been literally reclaimed and reused as a beautiful park. Elder Shayne M. Bowen, of the Seventy, likens this to our own lives and how the atonement can work to beautify and reclaim anyone. Although this is the newest installment from Mormon Messages for Youth, the message should be spread far and wide. Click in to watch!
2. Playing off of yesterday’s video on “Sharing Your Beliefs,” these five ladies do just that, using their musical talents to share a new version of “Choose the Right" on YouTube. Listen as the harmonies weave in and out of this familiar melody. So beautiful!
3. For those in and around Calgary, you must check out this new “Calgary Alberta Temple Open House Invitation” to learn more about one of the newest temples of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Or even better, share it with your friends.
4. Watch as box after box of supplies from the church are unloaded and given to the Cambodian Children’s Fund in this service-filled video of the recent “Pacific Partnership 2012 Cambodia Donation Ceremony.” I love when groups come together to make the world a better and better place, and this video beautifully illustrates this community-driven effort.
5. Finally, I would be remiss not to showcase President Thomas S. Monson’s challenge to “Pass It On” from a few months ago as it is his 85th birthday. Watch to see what he would like all of us to do and how even young children can participate.
Now let’s view other Bloggernacle posts from the past week:
Power pick: While in the Holy Land on assignment for Brigham Young University, Eric and Elaine Huntsman prayed that their son, who has high-functioning autism, would have an experience that would help him understand more about the Lord. On July 17, Eric described the wondrous event that took place on a boat in the Sea of Galilee. Here is a small sample: “From this simple but actually quite profound exchange came our miracle today. Samuel began to ask me a stream of questions about Jesus, about God, about blessings, about life and death, that I could hardly keep up with. And I was able to give him a more-or-less satisfactory answer to each. What you need to understand is that as functional as Samuel is, his autism continues to impact him severely in verbal communication. He can understand pretty much anything we say to him (if he will pay attention while we are saying it!) and express most of what he wants to say. But he just does not always have much of a desire to communicate, and he rarely asks the ‘how,’ ‘why,’ ‘what’ and ‘when’ kind of questions. Furthermore, a conversation rarely progresses much beyond three or four turns (exchanges), but this morning he must have asked me at least 20 questions, each of them deep.” Click in for the entire beautiful exchange that will long be remembered by the Hunstmans as their own “Galilee Miracle.”
- LDS Church will continue Boy Scout program
- LDS Church releases statement after vandals...
- Alzheimer's, fall claim life of Elder Keith...
- Mormon woman will be first female West Point...
- 8 interesting facts about the Toronto Ontario...
- One organization demands 25 public...
- Broadway's 'Cinderella' talks about love for...
- Stop looking for a soul mate, BYU professor...
- LDS Church will continue Boy Scout program 234
- Marching band not allowed to perform... 104
- LDS Church releases statement after... 27
- Defending the Faith: Parallels between... 19
- Mormon woman will be first female West... 15
- Alzheimer's, fall claim life of Elder... 7
- President Eyring dedicates first temple... 5
- This is even more evidence that Jesus... 5