TREMONTON, Box Elder County — A 42-year-old man visiting the United States with a tour group died Sunday after losing control of his motorcycle.
Bin Gu, of China, was one of four tourists traveling from Jackson, Wyo. to Salt Lake City and was riding south on I-15 just south of Tremonton when the crash occurred, the Utah Highway Patrol reported. Gu was riding at the rear of the group when he lost control of the rented 2012 Harley Davidson motorcycle and collided with the center median around 12:10 p.m.
Gu was ejected when the motorcycle struck the barrier cable, the UHP reported. Though Gu was wearing a helmet, he still sustained extensive head trauma, according to the UHP. He was transported to Bear River Valley Hospital before being taken by medical helicopter to McKay-Dee Hospital where he died.
The crash remains under investigation, but speed did not appear to be a factor. The four motorcyclists were part of a larger tour group visiting from China.
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Photo gallery: Deseret News Classic 5K
- Ogden man dies following U.S. 89 motorcycle...
- First-timers and veterans among thousands to...
- Man charged with murdering UTA worker found...
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 69
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 24
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Shurtleff exonerated, but questions and... 18
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17