TREMONTON, Box Elder County — A 42-year-old man visiting the United States with a tour group died Sunday after losing control of his motorcycle.
Bin Gu, of China, was one of four tourists traveling from Jackson, Wyo. to Salt Lake City and was riding south on I-15 just south of Tremonton when the crash occurred, the Utah Highway Patrol reported. Gu was riding at the rear of the group when he lost control of the rented 2012 Harley Davidson motorcycle and collided with the center median around 12:10 p.m.
Gu was ejected when the motorcycle struck the barrier cable, the UHP reported. Though Gu was wearing a helmet, he still sustained extensive head trauma, according to the UHP. He was transported to Bear River Valley Hospital before being taken by medical helicopter to McKay-Dee Hospital where he died.
The crash remains under investigation, but speed did not appear to be a factor. The four motorcyclists were part of a larger tour group visiting from China.
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary heading...
- Pleasant Grove pizza manager arrested for...
- Candlelight vigil held for critically injured...
- About Utah: They're best in the world
- What does a letter grade mean for my child's...
- Two arrested in SLC homicide investigation
- Driver allegedly causes accident on I-15,...
- Former top deputy in Utah attorney general...
- A year later, a look at the Utah... 91
- Sugar House man intends to sue police,... 36
- Anti-police protests tie up traffic on... 33
- What does a letter grade mean for my... 18
- Couples celebrate one-year anniversary... 18
- Audit: Utah still relies heavily on... 16
- Utah lawmakers recommend lowest-cost... 16
- Dispatchers answer man's repeated 911... 11