TREMONTON, Box Elder County — A 42-year-old man visiting the United States with a tour group died Sunday after losing control of his motorcycle.
Bin Gu, of China, was one of four tourists traveling from Jackson, Wyo. to Salt Lake City and was riding south on I-15 just south of Tremonton when the crash occurred, the Utah Highway Patrol reported. Gu was riding at the rear of the group when he lost control of the rented 2012 Harley Davidson motorcycle and collided with the center median around 12:10 p.m.
Gu was ejected when the motorcycle struck the barrier cable, the UHP reported. Though Gu was wearing a helmet, he still sustained extensive head trauma, according to the UHP. He was transported to Bear River Valley Hospital before being taken by medical helicopter to McKay-Dee Hospital where he died.
The crash remains under investigation, but speed did not appear to be a factor. The four motorcyclists were part of a larger tour group visiting from China.
- 2 deadly Utah County shootings spark...
- Testimony focuses on relationship between...
- 20 years later, parents of missing Spanish...
- Women innovators leading by example
- Midvale teen ran over mom with car after...
- Lutheran, LDS leaders forge common ground...
- Price teen killed in Carbon County crash
- Body of woman found near hiking trail in...
- 2 deadly Utah County shootings spark... 56
- One man dead after attempted carjacking... 38
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a... 23
- Poll: Majority of Salt Lake City... 17
- Governor, legislators leave 'baggage'... 14
- Jury convicts San Juan County... 13
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake... 10
- Who should pay? City, developer,... 10