Mormon Message: “Use your hands to blog and text message the gospel to all the world,” said President Dieter F. Uchtdorf in a recent general conference address. That is the theme (which of course I am going to love) of the newest Mormon Message YouTube video that is delightfully clever. Watch as this young member finds creative ways for “Sharing the Gospel” to her family and friends.
Bible videos: You get a double dose of great Mormon Messages videos with this newest Bible Video installment. Continuing with the “Sermon on the Mount” Jesus teaches about the importance of laying up “Treasures in Heaven” and what that means for our lives today. Click in to view, and then, perhaps taking the cue from the above Mormon Message, share with your family and friends.
Farewell video: Oh, check out this sweet video of an impromptu singing of “God Be with You till We Meet Again” as a missionary says goodbye. Completely warms the heart. Also, there’s some video of flooding in a chapel parking lot in the Sierra Leone Freetown Mission. But the missionaries singing is just awesome. Enjoy!
President Monson: This blogger’s description of how on “Friday night our entire family along with my mother and brother got to sing happy birthday (along with 22,000 other people) to our beloved prophet (President) Thomas S. Monson” made me wonder if the video was available, and guess what, it is. The Mormon Channel has “Golden Days: A Celebration of Life” if you missed the broadcasts or rebroadcasts, or just want to watch it again. Or maybe save it for tomorrow in honor of President Monson’s actual 85th birthday.
Sermon on the Mount: Treasures in Heaven
In his Sermon on the Mount, Jesus teaches his disciples what it means to be a compassionate follower of his gospel.
Emily W. Jensen updates "Today in the Bloggernacle" on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, presenting the best from the world of LDS-oriented blog sites. Her extended "Bloggernacle Back Bench" appears on Tuesdays. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sister Frances J. Monson's legacy of love...
- LDS Church responds to Boy Scouts of...
- Mormon Parenting: Don’t call gay unions...
- USA Today takes note of LDS sister missionaries
- Defending the Faith: A case for the...
- Courage and valor: 'The Mormon boy didn't...
- 'Tattooed Mormon' Al Fox shares her...
- Ask Angela: He's engaged, but we still talk...
- LDS Church responds to Boy Scouts of... 85
- Mormon Parenting: Don’t call gay... 71
- Defending the Faith: A case for the... 64
- 'Tattooed Mormon' Al Fox shares her... 42
- Secretary of State John Kerry says... 28
- Wright Words: Oklahoma tornado provides... 24
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah... 23
- Letters to family show Steven Powell... 17