USU soccer: Aggie soccer opens home schedule against UTEP Sunday
Utah State soccer returns to Chuck and Glorida Bell Soccer Field on Sunday, Aug. 19, for its home opener against UTEP at 12 p.m.
On Friday, the Aggies captured their first win of the season in dramatic style with a 1-0 overtime victory against Utah at Rio Tinto Stadium in Sandy, Utah. Rio Tinto Stadium has become USU’s home away from home as the Aggies are 4-0 at the home of Major League Soccer’s Real Salt Lake. The Aggies are now 1-0 to open the season.
UTEP holds a 2-1 series lead over the Aggies. The last time Utah State faced the Miners was in 2008 in Logan. In that game, USU edged out UTEP 2-1 behind goals from Lauren Hansen and Erin Salmon, who scored the game winner. Current Aggie assistant coach Alyssa Lowry played all 90 minutes in that game in the USU backline.
In their season opener, the Miners won a tightly contested match with Utah Valley in Orem, Utah on Friday. UTEP scored with less than two minutes remaining in the match to earn the 2-1 win and begin the season 1-0.
Chuck and Gloria Bell Soccer Field has had a bit of a facelift with the addition of permanent bleachers. In addition to the banners, the field also has new permanent bleachers that have been added to the west side of Bell Field, pushing the capacity of the field near 1,000 fans. While the press box will remain on the west side, the team benches will now be on the east side of the field. As always, admission to all Utah State soccer matches is free. Fans will now people able to park in the gravel lot on the west side of the field and use the west side as the main entrance. Seating will be available on the west side as well as the grass on the south side of the field.
For the first time, the Aggies will be streaming all home soccer matches through www.UtahStateAggies.com. There is a Utah State All-Access Monthly Subscription for $9.95 and a Utah State All-Access Yearly Subscription for $79.95.
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- BYU center Tejan Koroma's penalty overturned,...
- Dick Harmon: Dick Harmon: Is BYU quarterback...
- The 2014 Heisman Trophy tracker: Week 3
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down Utah and...
- Virginia gearing up for big road test at No....
- Utah Sports Ruckus: BYU football's first...
- If BYU and Utah played on the gridiron in...
- Heisman Trophy tracker: Week 3, injuries...
- AAC commish: BYU is a 'power' team 133
- Roller-coaster ride: BYU outlasts... 103
- Pac-12 trips have made the Big House a... 101
- BYU moves up to No. 21 in AP poll, No.... 61
- BYU center Tejan Koroma's penalty... 52
- Vai's View: BYU's greatest quarterback... 51
- No. 21 BYU preparing for a Virginia... 49
- Dick Harmon: Dick Harmon: Is BYU... 48