Blue roundup: Yahoo!Sports explores Harrison transfer
Earlier this week, BYU announced that guard Damarcus Harrison had transferred to Clemson.
Read more about Harrison's decision to transfer, and his impending mission, in this report by Yahoo!Sports.
"Once the church decided last week he needed to delay his mission a full year, however, it threw his life into chaos," writes Jeff Eisenberg.
"He couldn't return for his sophomore season at BYU because the coaching staff had used his scholarship already. He couldn't pay his own way for the 2012-13 school year because it was too expensive for his parents. And this late in the summer, he didn't think he'd be able to find another Division I school with a vacant scholarship and a willingness to take him even though he could potentially sit out the next three years.
"'I was scared,' Harrison said. 'I didn't know what to do. I thought I was going to be working a job 40 hours a week the whole year and going to technical college until I could leave on my mission.'"
- Ranking the best running backs in BYU history
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's volleyball...
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner chasing...
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule...
- Gallery of champions: All 94 state...
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting niche
- Morning links: NBA post-up is not dead;...
- Former Ute player among those invited to work...
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback... 47
- Dick Harmon: NCAA's move to speed up... 46
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting... 38
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule... 38
- BYU basketball: NBA draft insiders... 31
- BYU football signs New Zealand rugby... 24
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's... 12
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner... 8