Blue roundup: Yahoo!Sports explores Harrison transfer
Earlier this week, BYU announced that guard Damarcus Harrison had transferred to Clemson.
Read more about Harrison's decision to transfer, and his impending mission, in this report by Yahoo!Sports.
"Once the church decided last week he needed to delay his mission a full year, however, it threw his life into chaos," writes Jeff Eisenberg.
"He couldn't return for his sophomore season at BYU because the coaching staff had used his scholarship already. He couldn't pay his own way for the 2012-13 school year because it was too expensive for his parents. And this late in the summer, he didn't think he'd be able to find another Division I school with a vacant scholarship and a willingness to take him even though he could potentially sit out the next three years.
"'I was scared,' Harrison said. 'I didn't know what to do. I thought I was going to be working a job 40 hours a week the whole year and going to technical college until I could leave on my mission.'"
- Former BYU linebacker Kyle Van Noy undergoes...
- First steps: Utes open season with 56-14 win...
- BYU Cougars looking for opening-game...
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big 12...
- BYU starting cornerbacks Jordan Johnson,...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very little
- Felt's Facts Week 2: Utah high school...
- College football predictions: How will... 140
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- First steps: Utes open season with... 57
- NFL cuts tracker: Former Cougars... 50
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 47
- Utah football: Utes eye successful start 42