Ravell Call, Deseret News
MURRAY — The woman killed in an accident involving her car and a TRAX train on Wednesday was from Jerome, Idaho.
Lorna Boguslawski, 72, was killed when police say she made a left turn against the red light, drove around the down crossing arm and was hit by an oncoming train at 300 West and 5900 South. The car was wedged between the train and the concrete barricade and dragged for about 100 to 150 yards before coming to a stop.
Boguslawski was pronounced dead at the scene. Emergency crews had to extricate her husband, Karren Boguslawski, 73, from the vehicle. He was taken to a local hospital in stable condition.
The train was traveling between 50 and 55 mph at the time of impact. Investigators did not know Thursday why the woman drove around the downed crossing arm.
- Summer downpour causes flooding, slides...
- Utah leads the nation in deadly melanoma cases
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court...
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- Long road to trial begins Wednesday for...
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax
- Investigation underway after man's body found...
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 25
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 22
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 21
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 18
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 17
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax 16
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court... 16
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 12