Ravell Call, Deseret News
MURRAY — The woman killed in an accident involving her car and a TRAX train on Wednesday was from Jerome, Idaho.
Lorna Boguslawski, 72, was killed when police say she made a left turn against the red light, drove around the down crossing arm and was hit by an oncoming train at 300 West and 5900 South. The car was wedged between the train and the concrete barricade and dragged for about 100 to 150 yards before coming to a stop.
Boguslawski was pronounced dead at the scene. Emergency crews had to extricate her husband, Karren Boguslawski, 73, from the vehicle. He was taken to a local hospital in stable condition.
The train was traveling between 50 and 55 mph at the time of impact. Investigators did not know Thursday why the woman drove around the downed crossing arm.
- Sculptor hopes new statue brings comfort to...
- Conservative group yanks TV ads targeting...
- Mayor responds to pending harassment lawsuit...
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global audience,...
- Zion's trees are dying of old age
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex harassment...
- Teen dies in suspected overdose in Farmington
- First prison relocation open house... 39
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex... 22
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global... 16
- Sen. Orrin Hatch calls HBO story on... 15
- Police: Toddler accidentally shot in... 14
- Conservative group yanks TV ads... 13
- Mia Love pushing higher education act 11
- Mayor responds to pending harassment... 10