Ravell Call, Deseret News
MURRAY — The woman killed in an accident involving her car and a TRAX train on Wednesday was from Jerome, Idaho.
Lorna Boguslawski, 72, was killed when police say she made a left turn against the red light, drove around the down crossing arm and was hit by an oncoming train at 300 West and 5900 South. The car was wedged between the train and the concrete barricade and dragged for about 100 to 150 yards before coming to a stop.
Boguslawski was pronounced dead at the scene. Emergency crews had to extricate her husband, Karren Boguslawski, 73, from the vehicle. He was taken to a local hospital in stable condition.
The train was traveling between 50 and 55 mph at the time of impact. Investigators did not know Thursday why the woman drove around the downed crossing arm.
- Parade spectators celebrate pioneers past and...
- Draper house explodes into flames (+videos)
- A photographic look back at the Days of '47...
- Head-on collision kills 2, injures 3 in Eagle...
- Student attitudes changing on healthy school...
- Rare cancer treatment leaves Provo teen hopeful
- Deseret News Classic: Marathon, half...
- Levan wildfire burns 'well over 1,000' acres...
- Herbert among 6 governors raising... 46
- Union Pacific train makes special... 15
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake... 15
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 15
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed... 14
- Protesters from across U.S. arrested at... 13
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- Student attitudes changing on healthy... 12