Ravell Call, Deseret News
MURRAY — The woman killed in an accident involving her car and a TRAX train on Wednesday was from Jerome, Idaho.
Lorna Boguslawski, 72, was killed when police say she made a left turn against the red light, drove around the down crossing arm and was hit by an oncoming train at 300 West and 5900 South. The car was wedged between the train and the concrete barricade and dragged for about 100 to 150 yards before coming to a stop.
Boguslawski was pronounced dead at the scene. Emergency crews had to extricate her husband, Karren Boguslawski, 73, from the vehicle. He was taken to a local hospital in stable condition.
The train was traveling between 50 and 55 mph at the time of impact. Investigators did not know Thursday why the woman drove around the downed crossing arm.
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- Sandy officer shoots, critically injures man...
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- The truth about addiction
- Heavy rain damages roads, floods basements in...
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's running...
- Missing 18-month-old Layton boy found...
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters gather...
- Hatch calls shutting down government... 67
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 49
- Federal judge halts Herbert directive... 39
- New Medicaid expansion plan unveiled to... 27
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 22
- Herbert, other governors slam federal... 20
- Woman said she felt protected in ordeal... 19