Ravell Call, Deseret News
MURRAY — The woman killed in an accident involving her car and a TRAX train on Wednesday was from Jerome, Idaho.
Lorna Boguslawski, 72, was killed when police say she made a left turn against the red light, drove around the down crossing arm and was hit by an oncoming train at 300 West and 5900 South. The car was wedged between the train and the concrete barricade and dragged for about 100 to 150 yards before coming to a stop.
Boguslawski was pronounced dead at the scene. Emergency crews had to extricate her husband, Karren Boguslawski, 73, from the vehicle. He was taken to a local hospital in stable condition.
The train was traveling between 50 and 55 mph at the time of impact. Investigators did not know Thursday why the woman drove around the downed crossing arm.
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Mountain lion caught in Foothill neighborhood...
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- About Utah: Remembering the most brilliant...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 164
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 84
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 38
- Police release names of officers... 37
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 18
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 17
- Bingham High students walk out over... 17
- Debates ready to start, third-party... 12