SALT LAKE CITY — The family of a Sandy woman who was hit by a car while retrieving a bicycle from I-80 expressed gratitude Wednesday for the efforts of witnesses at the scene, emergency responders and medical professionals.
Jennifer Strong, 30, remained hospitalized in critical condition with injuries she suffered on Monday. The bike had fallen off the family car after hitting a bump in the construction zone near 7065 East, near the East Canyon interchange.
"Her condition is critical and her fate is in the Lord’s hands," her family said in a prepared statement.
"Jen is a beautiful, loving wife and mother of four sweet, young children ages 8, 6, 3 and 1. She has a glowing personality, a wonderful caring heart, and always reaches out to lift and serve others. The response from family and friends has been overwhelming and it brings tears to our eyes to learn of all the lives Jen has touched. The road to recovery will be long and tenuous, but we feel your prayers and know that God will be there to strengthen us.
"We are especially grateful to those who stopped to help us at the scene, the emergency responders, and professionals at the hospital who helped save Jen’s life on Monday. We can’t say enough about the kind doctors, nurses and caregivers who are treating Jen. We only hope that others can learn through our experience so that similar accidents can be avoided in the future."
Strong received multiple fractures in the accident, including a severe head trauma, the family said.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Police: Man confronts driver's ed student,...
- Man wanted for questioning in Tooele fire...
- Venezuela presents details in weapons case...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 27
- Can police-community relations be... 14
- Rep. Mia Love buying $1M in TV ads for... 14
- Giant algal bloom likely to fuel Utah... 10
- Appellate court upholds water rights... 8