Wife turns in husband after spying Peeping Tom photos on cellphone, police say
SALT LAKE CITY — A Salt Lake man charged with using a cellphone to take photos up women's skirts with his cellphone was turned in by his wife.
Zachary Michael Sheeley, 30, was charged Tuesday in 3rd District Court with four counts of voyeurism, a class B misdemeanor, and attempted voyeurism, a class A misdemeanor.
Sheeley used a cellphone to record videos underneath women's skirts at a Mexican restaurant, 919 E. 4500 South, and Walmart, 4627 S. 900 East, according to the charges. The filming allegedly occurred on July 31. Police say the women were unaware they were being filmed.
Sheeley's face could also been seen in some of the videos, the charges state.
Sheeley was arrested after his wife found his cellphone and looked at the videos on it. She then called police.
In 2010, Sheeley pleaded guilty to DUI. He was sentenced to two days in jail and placed on 24 months probation. Also that year in a separate case, he pleaded guilty to two amended charges of attempted burglary and was sentenced to 180 days in jail, according to court records.
In a similar but unrelated case this week, Orem police arrested a man for allegedly taking a cellphone picture underneath a woman's skirt at a Best Buy store in July.
Scott Halliday, 30, was arrested for investigation of misdemeanor voyeurism for allegedly filming a 19-year-old shopper. The break for police came from an anonymous tipster who turned Halliday in after watching store surveillance video of the incident.
Earlier this year, Halliday pleaded guilty to sexual battery, a class A misdemeanor. Police say Halliday grabbed the buttocks of a woman at the Springville Walmart in 2011. He was given a suspended jail sentence and placed on probation.
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face uncertain future
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- Sandy mailman's plea for books gets worldwide...
- Which U.S. cities are the best for upward...
- Utah natives receive rave reviews, make 'So...
- Wright Words: Younger sister is living...
- Body found in suitcase near Saltair identified
- LDS Church 're-evaluating' Scouting program...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts... 289
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face... 128
- LDS Church 're-evaluating' Scouting... 101
- Mike Lee plotting tricky maneuver to... 88
- Profane and acclaimed: 'The Book of... 73
- Most Utahns oppose Supreme Court ruling... 65
- Lee takes on new strategy in fight... 45
- Is report on building prison in Draper... 35