SALT LAKE CITY — The Mormon Tabernacle Choir, the Orchestra at Temple Square and three talented guest artists are putting the finishing touches on preparations for "Golden Days: A Celebration of Life," a special concert commemorating the 85th birthday of President Thomas S. Monson of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
The concert will be held Friday at 8 p.m. in the LDS Church's downtown Conference Center. In addition to the choir and orchestra, featured performers include singer-actress Rebecca Luker, singer-actor Dallyn Vail Bayles and operatic tenor Stanford Olsen in a program filled with show tunes and other favorites of President Monson.
The concert will be hosted by NFL Hall of Famer Steve Young and broadcaster-author Jane Clayson Johnson.
An LDS Church spokesman said Wednesday that "while all tickets for this event have been distributed, those without tickets who desire to attend are encouraged to pursue stand-by access at the north gate of Temple Square" prior to the event.
President Monson turns 85 on Tuesday, Aug. 21.
- Demand for Ogden Temple open house tickets...
- Katie Couric interviews Mormon mom from Cute...
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- When Mormon pioneers left was often a...
- Mormon couple celebrates 75 years of true love
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- New features at Ogden Temple reception tent...
- New report says 2013 was 'the largest...
- Hamblin & Peterson: Constantine's... 25
- When Mormon pioneers left was often a... 18
- 66,511 volunteers set FamilySearch... 17
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 17
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Reba McEntire... 14
- Demand for Ogden Temple open house... 8
- Thirty countries require leaders to... 5
- Ground Zero cross can stay at 9/11... 5