SALT LAKE CITY — The Mormon Tabernacle Choir, the Orchestra at Temple Square and three talented guest artists are putting the finishing touches on preparations for "Golden Days: A Celebration of Life," a special concert commemorating the 85th birthday of President Thomas S. Monson of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
The concert will be held Friday at 8 p.m. in the LDS Church's downtown Conference Center. In addition to the choir and orchestra, featured performers include singer-actress Rebecca Luker, singer-actor Dallyn Vail Bayles and operatic tenor Stanford Olsen in a program filled with show tunes and other favorites of President Monson.
The concert will be hosted by NFL Hall of Famer Steve Young and broadcaster-author Jane Clayson Johnson.
An LDS Church spokesman said Wednesday that "while all tickets for this event have been distributed, those without tickets who desire to attend are encouraged to pursue stand-by access at the north gate of Temple Square" prior to the event.
President Monson turns 85 on Tuesday, Aug. 21.
- Utah family adopts 2 newborns 6 weeks apart
- LDS Church publishes two new essays on past...
- LDS Church releases video about suicide...
- Two Christian ministers refuse to perform...
- LDS pitcher Matthew Neil asked for a trial...
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- LDS Church releases video, topic page...
- Wright Words: A day in the life of Mormon...
- Two Christian ministers refuse to... 111
- LDS Church publishes two new essays on... 40
- LDS Church releases video, topic page... 34
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy... 24
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- An LDS missionary and a Marine: Twin... 14
- Here's how you can learn more about God 13
- Bishops scrap welcome to gays in sign... 10