SALT LAKE CITY — The Mormon Tabernacle Choir, the Orchestra at Temple Square and three talented guest artists are putting the finishing touches on preparations for "Golden Days: A Celebration of Life," a special concert commemorating the 85th birthday of President Thomas S. Monson of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
The concert will be held Friday at 8 p.m. in the LDS Church's downtown Conference Center. In addition to the choir and orchestra, featured performers include singer-actress Rebecca Luker, singer-actor Dallyn Vail Bayles and operatic tenor Stanford Olsen in a program filled with show tunes and other favorites of President Monson.
The concert will be hosted by NFL Hall of Famer Steve Young and broadcaster-author Jane Clayson Johnson.
An LDS Church spokesman said Wednesday that "while all tickets for this event have been distributed, those without tickets who desire to attend are encouraged to pursue stand-by access at the north gate of Temple Square" prior to the event.
President Monson turns 85 on Tuesday, Aug. 21.
- Ask Angela: I'm not getting married in the...
- LDS stake presidency participates in ALS Ice...
- 'Frozen' star Santino Fontana discusses...
- Carbon monoxide leak suspected in death of 2...
- 3 Mormon missionaries die in 2 separate...
- LDS temple rises in Philadelphia
- Mormon teen, future U. gymnast earns silvers...
- Parenting advice that changed my life
- Ask Angela: I'm not getting married in... 77
- Carbon monoxide leak suspected in death... 33
- 3 Mormon missionaries die in 2 separate... 30
- LDS missionary critically injured in... 27
- Obama administration announces new... 19
- Rev. Al Sharpton plays prominent role... 15
- Amish country bristles at... 9
- ValueSpeak: To mow, or not to mow? 9