SALT LAKE CITY — The Mormon Tabernacle Choir, the Orchestra at Temple Square and three talented guest artists are putting the finishing touches on preparations for "Golden Days: A Celebration of Life," a special concert commemorating the 85th birthday of President Thomas S. Monson of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
The concert will be held Friday at 8 p.m. in the LDS Church's downtown Conference Center. In addition to the choir and orchestra, featured performers include singer-actress Rebecca Luker, singer-actor Dallyn Vail Bayles and operatic tenor Stanford Olsen in a program filled with show tunes and other favorites of President Monson.
The concert will be hosted by NFL Hall of Famer Steve Young and broadcaster-author Jane Clayson Johnson.
An LDS Church spokesman said Wednesday that "while all tickets for this event have been distributed, those without tickets who desire to attend are encouraged to pursue stand-by access at the north gate of Temple Square" prior to the event.
President Monson turns 85 on Tuesday, Aug. 21.
- Watch: LDS Church news conference about...
- LDS leaders reemphasize protection of...
- Clark Gilbert named new president of BYU-Idaho
- LDS apostle Elder David A. Bednar offers...
- LDS Church's official website to evolve over...
- LDS statement could move Utah...
- LDS mission president's wife dies
- At BYU, Catholic archbishop seeks friends,...
- LDS leaders reemphasize protection of... 122
- Hamblin & Peterson: Bible wars among... 42
- See why this woman's decision not to... 41
- Watch: LDS Church news conference about... 33
- At BYU, Catholic archbishop seeks... 32
- Defending the Faith: A tribute to... 19
- Some Republican presidential hopefuls... 12
- Faith, friends and football: Stanford... 9