SALT LAKE CITY — The Mormon Tabernacle Choir, the Orchestra at Temple Square and three talented guest artists are putting the finishing touches on preparations for "Golden Days: A Celebration of Life," a special concert commemorating the 85th birthday of President Thomas S. Monson of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
The concert will be held Friday at 8 p.m. in the LDS Church's downtown Conference Center. In addition to the choir and orchestra, featured performers include singer-actress Rebecca Luker, singer-actor Dallyn Vail Bayles and operatic tenor Stanford Olsen in a program filled with show tunes and other favorites of President Monson.
The concert will be hosted by NFL Hall of Famer Steve Young and broadcaster-author Jane Clayson Johnson.
An LDS Church spokesman said Wednesday that "while all tickets for this event have been distributed, those without tickets who desire to attend are encouraged to pursue stand-by access at the north gate of Temple Square" prior to the event.
President Monson turns 85 on Tuesday, Aug. 21.
- Mormon mission president held, robbed by...
- LDS missionaries meet London teen battling...
- 35 memorable photos from the LDS Church News...
- Elder Holland, David Archuleta promote 'Meet...
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- LDS priesthood restoration site, new movie,...
- LDS temples grow ever closer to members
- New Harmony: Now pitching for the Angels:...
- LDS temples grow ever closer to members 11
- 1964 World's Fair pavilion had... 10
- LDS priesthood restoration site, new... 8
- Elder Holland, David Archuleta promote... 7
- Religious leaders agree ISIS must be... 7
- 5 must-see answers to faith's biggest... 7
- Carrie Underwood shares her Christian... 5
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon... 5