Small Utah companies have a chance to win $5,000 and publicity in a digital media contest from the Utah System of Higher Education.
After the Aug. 30 entry deadline, the public will vote from Sept. 10-Oct. 9 for the top five innovative proposals. The ones that receive the most online votes will receive the cash award.
"The contest arises from the Utah Cluster Acceleration Partnership project in digital media that Utah Valley University Convened in 2011," said David Buhler, commissioner of Higher Education. "It is one of the ways we're delivering on the plan to attract and grow digital media companies."
Companies with less than $1 million in annual sales can develop digital audio, video games, film, mobile and web applications, 3D animation and special effects for the contest. More information is available at saltvalleytally.com.
- Men's Wearhouse fires founder and current...
- Doug Robinson: Utah man's new running shoe...
- In faith communities, fraudsters prey on trust
- Sen. Hatch: Gov't report shows that health...
- As times get better can you keep a leash on...
- Debating the validity of an unpaid internship
- New one-of-a-kind printer aims to aid health...
- Millennials relying on prepaid cards and...
- Doug Robinson: Utah man's new running... 20
- Want a better return on your college... 17
- Sen. Hatch: Gov't report shows that... 8
- Efforts to stop excavation at Point of... 8
- Men's Wearhouse fires founder and... 4
- Immigration reform would improve... 3
- Got weeds? Hire a goat 2
- Private school in Texas gives students... 2