Small Utah companies have a chance to win $5,000 and publicity in a digital media contest from the Utah System of Higher Education.
After the Aug. 30 entry deadline, the public will vote from Sept. 10-Oct. 9 for the top five innovative proposals. The ones that receive the most online votes will receive the cash award.
"The contest arises from the Utah Cluster Acceleration Partnership project in digital media that Utah Valley University Convened in 2011," said David Buhler, commissioner of Higher Education. "It is one of the ways we're delivering on the plan to attract and grow digital media companies."
Companies with less than $1 million in annual sales can develop digital audio, video games, film, mobile and web applications, 3D animation and special effects for the contest. More information is available at saltvalleytally.com.
- Sugar House streetcar prepares for public launch
- Walmart's 20 best-selling Black Friday items
- Google taking steps toward robot creation
- DeseretNews.com reaches page view milestone;...
- 4 charged in year-long copper thefts at Utah...
- 'Intern Queen' to share advice on college...
- Green energy option in Logan points to a need...
- Children's museum celebrates 35 years of play
- Obama declares health care law is... 21
- Intermountain Healthcare offering... 15
- Start thinking about retirement while... 7
- Amazon's latest idea may make online... 6
- Walmart's 20 best-selling Black Friday... 5
- About Utah: A cheesy way to save the farm 4
- DeseretNews.com reaches page view... 4
- Collecting online sales tax puts Utah... 3