Small Utah companies have a chance to win $5,000 and publicity in a digital media contest from the Utah System of Higher Education.
After the Aug. 30 entry deadline, the public will vote from Sept. 10-Oct. 9 for the top five innovative proposals. The ones that receive the most online votes will receive the cash award.
"The contest arises from the Utah Cluster Acceleration Partnership project in digital media that Utah Valley University Convened in 2011," said David Buhler, commissioner of Higher Education. "It is one of the ways we're delivering on the plan to attract and grow digital media companies."
Companies with less than $1 million in annual sales can develop digital audio, video games, film, mobile and web applications, 3D animation and special effects for the contest. More information is available at saltvalleytally.com.
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention...
- Healing souls, healing a mountain
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't leave an estate with...
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake...
- Sarah Palin launches online subscription channel
- Utah Transit Authority eyeing electric bus...
- Does getting married really increase wealth...
- Fast food workers vow civil disobedience 14
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 12
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via... 12
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't leave an estate... 10
- Does getting married really increase... 8
- Sarah Palin launches online... 7
- 3 ways you can save money on movie... 3
- Disney moves toward $10 hourly starting... 2