Small Utah companies have a chance to win $5,000 and publicity in a digital media contest from the Utah System of Higher Education.
After the Aug. 30 entry deadline, the public will vote from Sept. 10-Oct. 9 for the top five innovative proposals. The ones that receive the most online votes will receive the cash award.
"The contest arises from the Utah Cluster Acceleration Partnership project in digital media that Utah Valley University Convened in 2011," said David Buhler, commissioner of Higher Education. "It is one of the ways we're delivering on the plan to attract and grow digital media companies."
Companies with less than $1 million in annual sales can develop digital audio, video games, film, mobile and web applications, 3D animation and special effects for the contest. More information is available at saltvalleytally.com.
- System failure to blame for delayed Saturday...
- 5 trends beneath the surface of Nov. jobs report
- 3,000 Workforce Services clients may be...
- Weber State center helping to improve auto...
- Sugar House streetcar prepares for public launch
- Cedar Hills to require business licenses for...
- Walmart's 20 best-selling Black Friday items
- Jobless claims drop to near 6-year low
- Fast-food strikes return amid push for... 31
- Obama declares health care law is... 21
- Intermountain Healthcare offering... 15
- Jobless claims drop to near 6-year low 10
- Obama to feds: Boost renewable power 20... 6
- Walmart's 20 best-selling Black Friday... 5
- DeseretNews.com reaches page view... 4
- Cedar Hills to require business... 4