Small Utah companies have a chance to win $5,000 and publicity in a digital media contest from the Utah System of Higher Education.
After the Aug. 30 entry deadline, the public will vote from Sept. 10-Oct. 9 for the top five innovative proposals. The ones that receive the most online votes will receive the cash award.
"The contest arises from the Utah Cluster Acceleration Partnership project in digital media that Utah Valley University Convened in 2011," said David Buhler, commissioner of Higher Education. "It is one of the ways we're delivering on the plan to attract and grow digital media companies."
Companies with less than $1 million in annual sales can develop digital audio, video games, film, mobile and web applications, 3D animation and special effects for the contest. More information is available at saltvalleytally.com.
- An ex-Marine is fighting for her right to...
- The top 10 highest-paid female CEOs
- 1 number you should check each year to avoid...
- The key ingredient to a more fulfilling life
- Mountain Point Medical Center opens in Lehi
- Why the presidential candidate who won't win...
- PacSun pulls T-shirt from shelves after...
- Dave Ramsey says: Build your budget together
- An ex-Marine is fighting for her right... 21
- Derek B. Miller: Politics may end up... 17
- PacSun pulls T-shirt from shelves after... 14
- 'Such a stress reliever': In Rhode... 13
- How strict should parents really be? 5
- More jobs are available, but new grads... 5
- Media CEOs are the highest-paid... 3
- Chobani founder and CEO Hamdi Ulukaya... 1