Small Utah companies have a chance to win $5,000 and publicity in a digital media contest from the Utah System of Higher Education.
After the Aug. 30 entry deadline, the public will vote from Sept. 10-Oct. 9 for the top five innovative proposals. The ones that receive the most online votes will receive the cash award.
"The contest arises from the Utah Cluster Acceleration Partnership project in digital media that Utah Valley University Convened in 2011," said David Buhler, commissioner of Higher Education. "It is one of the ways we're delivering on the plan to attract and grow digital media companies."
Companies with less than $1 million in annual sales can develop digital audio, video games, film, mobile and web applications, 3D animation and special effects for the contest. More information is available at saltvalleytally.com.
- Housing recovery slowest since World War II,...
- Fire exposes illegal Chinese factories in Italy
- Audit cites 'inadequate oversight' in state...
- UTA seeks to hire bus drivers, other workers
- Utah jobless rate stays steady at 3.5 percent
- New England raking in millions from leaf peepers
- How students are engaging textbook companies...
- Developer to build replica major league...