Small Utah companies have a chance to win $5,000 and publicity in a digital media contest from the Utah System of Higher Education.
After the Aug. 30 entry deadline, the public will vote from Sept. 10-Oct. 9 for the top five innovative proposals. The ones that receive the most online votes will receive the cash award.
"The contest arises from the Utah Cluster Acceleration Partnership project in digital media that Utah Valley University Convened in 2011," said David Buhler, commissioner of Higher Education. "It is one of the ways we're delivering on the plan to attract and grow digital media companies."
Companies with less than $1 million in annual sales can develop digital audio, video games, film, mobile and web applications, 3D animation and special effects for the contest. More information is available at saltvalleytally.com.
- Insights from the Behavioral Science Guy:...
- Dave Ramsey says: Dave Ramsey: Pets and...
- David Muir takes over ABC's 'World News' from...
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152 years ......
- Some fear auto industry returning to bad habits
- Kennecott hopes project will change mountain...
- No timeline announced yet for Cottonwood Mall...
- Netflix unveils new way to share recommendations
- Kennecott hopes project will change... 7
- State lawmaker calling for criminal... 5
- Some fear auto industry returning to... 3
- Feds eye stricter rules for railroad... 2
- Obama promoting economic gains as... 2
- No timeline announced yet for... 2
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152... 2
- Dave Ramsey says: Dave Ramsey: Pets and... 2