Small Utah companies have a chance to win $5,000 and publicity in a digital media contest from the Utah System of Higher Education.
After the Aug. 30 entry deadline, the public will vote from Sept. 10-Oct. 9 for the top five innovative proposals. The ones that receive the most online votes will receive the cash award.
"The contest arises from the Utah Cluster Acceleration Partnership project in digital media that Utah Valley University Convened in 2011," said David Buhler, commissioner of Higher Education. "It is one of the ways we're delivering on the plan to attract and grow digital media companies."
Companies with less than $1 million in annual sales can develop digital audio, video games, film, mobile and web applications, 3D animation and special effects for the contest. More information is available at saltvalleytally.com.
- What's in a name? At Grand Canyon, history,...
- Are you part of the global 'baby shortage'?
- Faith leaders: your secret weapon in the...
- Another study lists Salt Lake as one of the...
- No-tip restaurant offers food for thought on...
- Nintendo opens 2015 with some big announcements
- Construction industry booming but facing...
- Concerns over release of personal data from...
- EPA inventory highlights 'toxic'... 19
- Analysis: Obama seizes on recovery,... 17
- Obama's proposed mandatory paid... 13
- Utah has fourth largest gender wage... 12
- Another study lists Salt Lake as one of... 10
- Are you part of the global 'baby... 10
- Survey ranks Utah's best and worst... 9
- Obama pitches his economic plan to... 6