Small Utah companies have a chance to win $5,000 and publicity in a digital media contest from the Utah System of Higher Education.
After the Aug. 30 entry deadline, the public will vote from Sept. 10-Oct. 9 for the top five innovative proposals. The ones that receive the most online votes will receive the cash award.
"The contest arises from the Utah Cluster Acceleration Partnership project in digital media that Utah Valley University Convened in 2011," said David Buhler, commissioner of Higher Education. "It is one of the ways we're delivering on the plan to attract and grow digital media companies."
Companies with less than $1 million in annual sales can develop digital audio, video games, film, mobile and web applications, 3D animation and special effects for the contest. More information is available at saltvalleytally.com.
- Women leaders in Utah forging their own paths...
- Day of Dignity a compassionate gift from...
- How innovators think, and what they do about it
- Jobs, gov't distrust central to national park...
- How technology can help and hurt the mental...
- Condo owners in Panama tell Trump: You're fired!
- Libraries changing roles, focus as attendance...
- Are you as connected as Kevin Bacon and does...
- Women leaders in Utah forging their own... 17
- VW executive apologizes but says... 7
- Condo owners in Panama tell Trump:... 5
- Salt Lake police receive $1.8 million... 5
- Jobs, gov't distrust central to... 4
- Tourism brings more than $1 billion in... 4
- Libraries changing roles, focus as... 4
- S.L. mayoral candidates tangle over... 3