Small Utah companies have a chance to win $5,000 and publicity in a digital media contest from the Utah System of Higher Education.
After the Aug. 30 entry deadline, the public will vote from Sept. 10-Oct. 9 for the top five innovative proposals. The ones that receive the most online votes will receive the cash award.
"The contest arises from the Utah Cluster Acceleration Partnership project in digital media that Utah Valley University Convened in 2011," said David Buhler, commissioner of Higher Education. "It is one of the ways we're delivering on the plan to attract and grow digital media companies."
Companies with less than $1 million in annual sales can develop digital audio, video games, film, mobile and web applications, 3D animation and special effects for the contest. More information is available at saltvalleytally.com.
- What people never mention when they talk...
- About Utah: They're best in the world
- 3 tips for traveling cheaply
- Fox News blocked from Dish Network
- Survey says parents spend $532.87 a month to...
- N. Korea proposes joint probe over Sony hacking
- Amazon offers one-hour delivery in Manhattan...
- California puzzles over safety of driverless...
- NYC premiere of Rogen film 'The... 8
- US consumer prices fall in November 4
- AP sources: NFL employees turn over... 3
- Sony hack adds to security pressure on... 3
- What people never mention when they... 3
- US current account deficit rises to... 1
- Incoming Senate Majority Leader Mitch... 1
- A look at North Korea's cyberwar... 1