Small Utah companies have a chance to win $5,000 and publicity in a digital media contest from the Utah System of Higher Education.
After the Aug. 30 entry deadline, the public will vote from Sept. 10-Oct. 9 for the top five innovative proposals. The ones that receive the most online votes will receive the cash award.
"The contest arises from the Utah Cluster Acceleration Partnership project in digital media that Utah Valley University Convened in 2011," said David Buhler, commissioner of Higher Education. "It is one of the ways we're delivering on the plan to attract and grow digital media companies."
Companies with less than $1 million in annual sales can develop digital audio, video games, film, mobile and web applications, 3D animation and special effects for the contest. More information is available at saltvalleytally.com.
- Lawmakers looking to pump up gas tax this...
- Young adults prefer to share chores and...
- Knocking doors: What to know before signing...
- Balancing act: Organizations slowly move...
- Dave Ramsey says: Make changes to save money
- Michelle Singletary: Making personal finance...
- Are you part of the global 'baby shortage'?
- Nintendo opens 2015 with some big announcements
- Lawmakers looking to pump up gas tax... 60
- Utah has fourth largest gender wage... 12
- Are you part of the global 'baby... 12
- Obama idea to trim college savings... 6
- Greek radical left wins election,... 3
- Knocking doors: What to know before... 3
- Murray mayor pitches plan to increase... 2
- Faith leaders: your secret weapon in... 2