USU football: Aggie Football Family Fun Day set for Saturday, August 18
Utah State's seventh-annual Aggie Football Family Fun Day, sponsored by Macey's Foods, will be held Saturday, Aug. 18 at Merlin Olsen Field at Romney Stadium.
The event provides fans with a chance to meet Utah State football players and coaches, participate in games and activities, as well as pickup season tickets.
Two Wasatch Front Football League (WFFL) youth games start the day's action, kicking off at 8:30 a.m. and 10:15 a.m.
Fans can also sign up for 2012 Jr. Aggies at the sign-up table located inside gates on the south concourse. Cost for Jr. Aggies is $25 and is open to children currently attending pre-school through 8th grade.
Games and activities will start on the south concourse of Romney Stadium at 1 p.m., while USU football's team will hold a situational scrimmage at 2 p.m.
Following the scrimmage, fans can get Aggie autographs and play catch with an Aggie player on the field. There is no cost to attend the event, and everyone is welcome to meet the Aggies, head coach Gary Andersen and the Utah State coaching staff that afternoon.
Season tickets, as well as two-game packages, will be available for purchase at Aggie Football Family Fun Day at the Romney Stadium Ticket Office, which is located on the south end of the stadium. The Romney Stadium Ticket Office will open Saturday at 11 a.m.
Season tickets will also be available for pickup for fans who ordered reserved west or east side season tickets prior to July 31, as well as anyone who purchased general admission, Junior Aggie or family plan tickets. Fans who ordered reserved west or east side season tickets after Aug. 1 will need to pick up their tickets from the Dee Glen Smith Spectrum Ticket Office the week of the first home game beginning Monday, Aug. 27.
The USU Campus Store will be selling Aggie merchandise on the south concourse and DownEast Home & Clothing will also be at Aggie Football Family Fun Day with a big tent sale set up on the south concourse.
Fans are reminded to enter Romney Stadium through the southwest entrance and to park in the west parking lot. Parking for the event is free. For more information, contact the Utah State Athletics Department at (435) 797-1850.
Fans can follow the Aggie football program at twitter.com/USUFootball or on the USU football blog at usufootball.wordpress.com. Aggie fans can also follow the Utah State athletic program at twitter.com/USUAthletics or on facebook at Utah State University Athletics.
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- BYU basketball: Cougars face No. 21 UMass in...
- Commentary: Long-term success in independence...
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom Hill,...
- 2014 NBA draft tracker: An ongoing look at...
- Utah Jazz: Rip City, all right...
- Utah State football: Immovable Aggies face...
- Utah Jazz: Banner day coming for Jerry Sloan
- BYU vs. No. 21 UMass live blog: Cougars fall...
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes come up... 101
- College football re-rankings: Where do... 60
- Unbeaten Utes hit the road for the... 58
- Dick Harmon: Are we spending too much... 57
- Commentary: Long-term success in... 48
- BYU basketball: 3 players record... 47
- Dick Harmon: USC taps BYU experience... 46
- BYU's linebacker Kyle Van Noy engaged... 29