HOLLADAY — A 40-year-old man died Monday night after veering off the road, officials said.
Chad West was driving west on 5600 South when he went off the road near 1850 East, Unified Police Lt. Justin Hoyal said. The car crashed through a fence smashing into a tree.
Hoyal said the accident occurred around 5:45 p.m. There were no witnesses to the accident and the cause is still unknown.
West was transported by ambulance in extremely critical condition, Hoyal said, and died shortly after.
Hoyal said the exact cause of the crash and why West veered off the road was still being investigated Tuesday, but it appeared speed was a factor.
- Parade spectators celebrate pioneers past and...
- A photographic look back at the Days of '47...
- Rare cancer treatment leaves Provo teen hopeful
- Student attitudes changing on healthy school...
- Head-on collision kills 2, injures 3 in Eagle...
- Draper house explodes into flames (+videos)
- See what the pioneers thought, felt as they...
- Missouri hiker found dead in hot Wayne County...
- Herbert among 6 governors raising... 46
- Union Pacific train makes special... 15
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 15
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake... 14
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed... 13
- Protesters from across U.S. arrested at... 13
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- New solar panels are symbol of the... 11