HOLLADAY — A 40-year-old man died Monday night after veering off the road, officials said.
Chad West was driving west on 5600 South when he went off the road near 1850 East, Unified Police Lt. Justin Hoyal said. The car crashed through a fence smashing into a tree.
Hoyal said the accident occurred around 5:45 p.m. There were no witnesses to the accident and the cause is still unknown.
West was transported by ambulance in extremely critical condition, Hoyal said, and died shortly after.
Hoyal said the exact cause of the crash and why West veered off the road was still being investigated Tuesday, but it appeared speed was a factor.
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Photo gallery: Deseret News Classic 5K
- Ogden man dies following U.S. 89 motorcycle...
- First-timers and veterans among thousands to...
- Man charged with murdering UTA worker found...
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 69
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 24
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Shurtleff exonerated, but questions and... 18
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17