"BEGIN." by David Archuleta, Highway Records, $14.99
Before he departed on his mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, singer David Archuleta recorded one more album.
That album, "Begin," was recently released by Highway Records and is now available in stores.
"I hope you know that I never wanted to leave you guys without music, and will continue when I get back," Archuleta wrote in a thank you to fans that came with the CD.
Archuleta hand-picked each song for this release with the hope of inspiring listeners. The album features several popular songs, such as "Angel," "Bridge Over Troubled Water" and "In the Name of Love." Also included is a never-before-heard song that was written by Archuleta, titled "Broken." The last song on the CD, "Be Still, My Soul," will please Latter-day Saint fans.
Producer Kurt Bestor said he was impressed with how Archuleta made each song his own.
"Fans will love hearing David in a brand-new way, while others will gain a deeper appreciation for this incredibly talented young man," Bestor said. "A voice like David Archuleta's comes along so rarely, that in my more than 30 years of arranging and producing for singers, I have only met a couple that even come close."
The album track and song composer list is as follows:
"Beautiful," Christina Aguilera
"Somewhere Only We Know," Keane
"Everybody Hurts," R.E.M.
"Don’t Give Up," Peter Gabriel
"Angel," Sarah McLachlan
"Bridge Over Troubled Water," Simon and Garfunkel
"Broken," David Archuleta
"True Colors," Cyndi Lauper
"In the Name of Love," U2
"Be Still My Soul," Jean Sibelius
For more information on "Begin," including interviews he granted before his mission to Chile, visit deseretbook.com.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Twitter: tbtoone
- 100 inspirational quotes from Mormon leaders
- 6 Mormon sisters share uplifting music with...
- LDS missionaries share messages about...
- President Uchtdorf visits Provo City Center...
- Wedding industry illustrates unresolved legal...
- Well-prepared LDS Scouts rescue couple off...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Video purports to show second beheading of US...
- Wedding industry illustrates unresolved... 66
- BYU coach, players answer questions at... 18
- 'Deseret News National Edition': Common... 12
- Elder David E. Sorensen, former... 6
- What does heaven look like? Here are 10... 6
- Brigham Young, Utah War topic of... 3
- LDS missionaries share messages about... 2
- Cracks in the ‘stained-glass... 2