"BEGIN." by David Archuleta, Highway Records, $14.99
Before he departed on his mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, singer David Archuleta recorded one more album.
That album, "Begin," was recently released by Highway Records and is now available in stores.
"I hope you know that I never wanted to leave you guys without music, and will continue when I get back," Archuleta wrote in a thank you to fans that came with the CD.
Archuleta hand-picked each song for this release with the hope of inspiring listeners. The album features several popular songs, such as "Angel," "Bridge Over Troubled Water" and "In the Name of Love." Also included is a never-before-heard song that was written by Archuleta, titled "Broken." The last song on the CD, "Be Still, My Soul," will please Latter-day Saint fans.
Producer Kurt Bestor said he was impressed with how Archuleta made each song his own.
"Fans will love hearing David in a brand-new way, while others will gain a deeper appreciation for this incredibly talented young man," Bestor said. "A voice like David Archuleta's comes along so rarely, that in my more than 30 years of arranging and producing for singers, I have only met a couple that even come close."
The album track and song composer list is as follows:
"Beautiful," Christina Aguilera
"Somewhere Only We Know," Keane
"Everybody Hurts," R.E.M.
"Don’t Give Up," Peter Gabriel
"Angel," Sarah McLachlan
"Bridge Over Troubled Water," Simon and Garfunkel
"Broken," David Archuleta
"True Colors," Cyndi Lauper
"In the Name of Love," U2
"Be Still My Soul," Jean Sibelius
For more information on "Begin," including interviews he granted before his mission to Chile, visit deseretbook.com.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Twitter: tbtoone
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir announces rare,...
- When Satan steals your motherhood
- Wright Words: Idaho woman learns to...
- Ask Angela: I suffered from depression,...
- Can the return of 'Cosmos' extend the scope...
- Profane, award-winning 'Book of Mormon'...
- Church History Symposium examines Mormonism's...
- LDS World: Receiving comfort in our afflictions
- Gay marriage debate is changing how... 89
- Profane, award-winning 'Book of Mormon'... 63
- When Satan steals your motherhood 46
- Defending the Faith: Where is Mount Sinai? 24
- Local religious leaders urge support... 24
- Director Darren Aronofsky’s... 20
- Actress Leah Remini criticized after... 15
- Some LDS missionaries coming home from... 13