"BEGIN." by David Archuleta, Highway Records, $14.99
Before he departed on his mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, singer David Archuleta recorded one more album.
That album, "Begin," was recently released by Highway Records and is now available in stores.
"I hope you know that I never wanted to leave you guys without music, and will continue when I get back," Archuleta wrote in a thank you to fans that came with the CD.
Archuleta hand-picked each song for this release with the hope of inspiring listeners. The album features several popular songs, such as "Angel," "Bridge Over Troubled Water" and "In the Name of Love." Also included is a never-before-heard song that was written by Archuleta, titled "Broken." The last song on the CD, "Be Still, My Soul," will please Latter-day Saint fans.
Producer Kurt Bestor said he was impressed with how Archuleta made each song his own.
"Fans will love hearing David in a brand-new way, while others will gain a deeper appreciation for this incredibly talented young man," Bestor said. "A voice like David Archuleta's comes along so rarely, that in my more than 30 years of arranging and producing for singers, I have only met a couple that even come close."
The album track and song composer list is as follows:
"Beautiful," Christina Aguilera
"Somewhere Only We Know," Keane
"Everybody Hurts," R.E.M.
"Don’t Give Up," Peter Gabriel
"Angel," Sarah McLachlan
"Bridge Over Troubled Water," Simon and Garfunkel
"Broken," David Archuleta
"True Colors," Cyndi Lauper
"In the Name of Love," U2
"Be Still My Soul," Jean Sibelius
For more information on "Begin," including interviews he granted before his mission to Chile, visit deseretbook.com.
Email: email@example.com Twitter: tbtoone
- LDS couple leads New York 'MTC,' preparing...
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks about...
- Provo's Waffle Love made time for church...
- Newly released Mormon Message offers counsel...
- ‘God bless the military’ sign can...
- The brave man who may have risked his life in...
- Major LDS growth in Africa unaffected by...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings University of...
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks... 45
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings... 41
- Major LDS growth in Africa unaffected... 15
- Positive developments for LDS blacks... 14
- ‘God bless the military’... 14
- Chicago archbishop calls for tough gun... 12
- Friday Minute: What to do when critics... 11
- The brave man who may have risked his... 9