New sex abuse charge filed against GOP activist Greg Peterson
HEBER CITY — On the eve of his preliminary hearing in Salt Lake County on accusations of sexually assaulting multiple women, a new charge has been filed against GOP activist Greg Peterson.
On Monday, the Wasatch County Attorney's Office filed one count of forcible sex abuse, a second-degree felony, against Peterson. The incident allegedly happened in the spring of 2010.
Peterson invited a woman to his cabin in Wasatch County for lunch, according to charges filed in 4th District Court. After lunch, he invited her upstairs to his bedroom to watch a movie.
While watching the movie, Peterson began kissing the woman and then exposed himself and forced her to touch him, the charges state. The woman pulled away and "stood up, putting her hand on the holster of her gun" and told him he needed to take her home.
Police say Peterson then took the woman back to Utah County.
A two-day preliminary hearing is scheduled to start Tuesday on allegations that Peterson raped or sexually assaulted four other women. At least two of the victims said their assaults also happened at Peterson's Heber City cabin.
The Wasatch County Sheriff's Office had previously stated that three women had stepped forward since Peterson's arrest in Salt Lake County making similar allegations.
One of the alleged victims in Peterson's Salt Lake case originally had her case screened in Wasatch County, but prosecutors there declined to file charges.
- Desire to serve: Even a gunshot couldn't keep...
- LDS Church donates to Utah Pride Center's...
- 1 dead in Uintah County after track hoe...
- Pig-shaped hot air balloon crashes in Provo
- Farmington woman tumbles 150 feet in hiking...
- Utah farmer turns alfalfa field into the...
- 'You can see the jaw marks': Pleasant Grove...
- 4 ways to guarantee your kids will have a...
- Delta man staged hate crimes in a 'cry... 96
- LDS Church donates to Utah Pride... 55
- Episcopal bishops seek end to 'unholy... 41
- My view: Move the prison for the sake... 38
- Support for law requiring sales tax for... 28
- Neil Flinders: Keeping track of school... 21
- U.S. Supreme Court overturns EPA's... 13
- Pig-shaped hot air balloon crashes in... 12