Gene J. Puskar, AP
The Deseret News 2012 high school football Grid Picks contest is back, and loaded with some great prizes to dole out to the best prognosticators throughout the 2012 season. Entries are now being accepted for Week 1, which begins this Friday.
Compete for weekly prizes and overall prizes against Deseret News readers, but you can also create your own private groups to compete with friends.
Last year the best overall prognosticator after 10 weeks, Larry Nelson of Pleasant Grove, won an iPad 2. This year Amazon gift cards will be awarded to the top three overall finishers in increments of $150, $100 and $50.
The 10 weekly winners will receive a sponsored $50 Amazon gift card. The Week 1 sponsor is Flying J Outfitters.
Opening night of the high school football season is this Friday, and here are the 14 games contestants must pick the winner for: Alta at Timpview, Ben Lomond at Union, Brighton at Davis, Cyprus at Murray, Delta at Manti, Herriman at Orem, Jordan at Fremont, Lehi at Timpanogos, Northridge at Logan, Springville at Dixie, West at Highland, Woods Cross at Viewmont, Kearns at Pleasant Grove and Skyline at Hurricane.
Entrants must register to participate and must be at least 13 years old.
Each entrant's worst week will be dropped for the cumulative total.
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big 12...
- Former BYU linebacker Kyle Van Noy undergoes...
- BYU Cougars looking for opening-game...
- BYU starting cornerbacks Jordan Johnson,...
- First steps: Utes open season with 56-14 win...
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very little
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 60
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- NFL cuts tracker: Former Cougars... 50
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 49
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 45