OAKLEY, Summit County — Two people were arrested Sunday near Rockport Reservoir after allegedly fleeing from police with four children.
At approximately 6:45 p.m. troopers received reports of a reckless driver in a Dodge Caravan on westbound I-80, according to the Utah Highway Patrol. A trooper performed a traffic stop near mile post 166 but the driver fled, prompting the trooper to initiate a pursuit.
According to officials, the driver turned onto state Route 32 toward Rockport Reservoir. The driver then turned around and head back toward I-80, but troopers were able to stop the vehicle by deploying road spikes.
The driver and a woman were arrested. Four children passengers were placed in the care of the Division of Child and Family Services, officials said.
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- YouTube star Stuart Edge hopes to inspire...
- Missing Millard County woman's body found...
- Co-workers help Syracuse mother conquer daily...
- South Carolina woman dies on Sundance zip line
- Police: Man shot, injured by officer in Ogden
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 21
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 19
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 19
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 16
- Sutherland Institute looks to broaden... 15
- Group targets Utah's public lands fight... 12