OAKLEY, Summit County — Two people were arrested Sunday near Rockport Reservoir after allegedly fleeing from police with four children.
At approximately 6:45 p.m. troopers received reports of a reckless driver in a Dodge Caravan on westbound I-80, according to the Utah Highway Patrol. A trooper performed a traffic stop near mile post 166 but the driver fled, prompting the trooper to initiate a pursuit.
According to officials, the driver turned onto state Route 32 toward Rockport Reservoir. The driver then turned around and head back toward I-80, but troopers were able to stop the vehicle by deploying road spikes.
The driver and a woman were arrested. Four children passengers were placed in the care of the Division of Child and Family Services, officials said.
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Ogden man dies following U.S. 89 motorcycle...
- First-timers and veterans among thousands to...
- Man charged with murdering UTA worker found...
- Salt Lake man killed, 3 others injured in...
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 73
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 65
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 24
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Shurtleff exonerated, but questions and... 19
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17