OAKLEY, Summit County — Two people were arrested Sunday near Rockport Reservoir after allegedly fleeing from police with four children.
At approximately 6:45 p.m. troopers received reports of a reckless driver in a Dodge Caravan on westbound I-80, according to the Utah Highway Patrol. A trooper performed a traffic stop near mile post 166 but the driver fled, prompting the trooper to initiate a pursuit.
According to officials, the driver turned onto state Route 32 toward Rockport Reservoir. The driver then turned around and head back toward I-80, but troopers were able to stop the vehicle by deploying road spikes.
The driver and a woman were arrested. Four children passengers were placed in the care of the Division of Child and Family Services, officials said.
- Families face uncertainty, unite in prayer as...
- Utah judge could be first to rule on state...
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say...
- Former Attorney General John Swallow left...
- Sugar House streetcar prepares for public launch
- Cottonwood Heights mayor, residents unhappy...
- Gov. Gary Herbert unveils $13.3 billion budget
- Christmas giving project makes former patient...
- Utah judge could be first to rule on... 97
- Should parents pay extra for... 46
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say... 30
- Utah A.G. John Swallow: 'No way to... 25
- Tea Party Express endorses Sen. Mike... 24
- Candidates seeking to replace Swallow... 19
- 'Little Bulldog' will take a break; the... 18
- Gov. Gary Herbert unveils $13.3 billion... 18