OAKLEY, Summit County — Two people were arrested Sunday near Rockport Reservoir after allegedly fleeing from police with four children.
At approximately 6:45 p.m. troopers received reports of a reckless driver in a Dodge Caravan on westbound I-80, according to the Utah Highway Patrol. A trooper performed a traffic stop near mile post 166 but the driver fled, prompting the trooper to initiate a pursuit.
According to officials, the driver turned onto state Route 32 toward Rockport Reservoir. The driver then turned around and head back toward I-80, but troopers were able to stop the vehicle by deploying road spikes.
The driver and a woman were arrested. Four children passengers were placed in the care of the Division of Child and Family Services, officials said.
- One year later: Slow movement on slide repairs
- Prison inmates start hunger strike, demand...
- Stolen Dodge Charger no match for Hurricane...
- Salt Lake County cities, school districts...
- Teen girl killed in Millard County crash
- What went right: How one Orem family turned...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- Recreation, crowds and challenges: What's...
- IRS commits to not target tax-exempt... 48
- Jury orders Siegfried and Jensen to pay... 37
- Prison inmates start hunger strike,... 33
- Salt Lake County cities, school... 16
- Teens arrested, rancher cleared after... 12
- Salt Lake police looking for horses,... 10
- Survey: Utah residents want crops, not... 10
- National report shows high overall... 9