Utah Highway Patrol,
APPLE VALLEY, Washington County — Three people were transported to area hospitals after being thrown from a car on highway 59.
The driver, 23-year-old Tara Wendling, was flown to University Medical Center in Las Vegas. Her condition was unknown.
Leo Lomahquahu, age 13, was taken by ambulance to Dixie Regional Medical Center and later flown to University Medical Center in Las Vegas. According to officials he is in extremely critical condition with full body injuries.
Another passenger, 16-year-old Terrance Lomahquahu, was transported to Dixie Regional Medical Center with a head laceration and broken femur.
Neither the driver nor the injured passengers were wearing seat belts, officials said.
According to the Utah Highway Patrol, Wendling was driving east in a green Isuzu Rodeo and attempted to pass several vehicles when the passing lane ended. Wendling attempted to get out of the way of oncoming traffic and lost control of the vehicle, which left the right side of the road and passed through sagebrush before rolling several times and coming to rest on its roof.
A fourth passenger, a seven-month-old, was properly restrained in a car seat and remained in the vehicle. He was transported by ambulance to Dixie Regional but did not have apparent injuries, officials said.
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay...
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough visit...
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- Embattled doctor surrenders Utah medical license
- Brain injury changes the lives and tests the...
- Splashing through the city: Giant slip and...
- A photographic look at how Days of '47 floats...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay... 75
- Supporters rally around breast-feeding... 71
- Gov. says Utah will comply with law if... 59
- Herbert on Common Core: 'We are going... 37
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 19
- $1.8B project to take Salt Lake City... 17
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 17
- Anti-porn rally aims at keeping... 14