Dylan Tripp, Rob Reber and Jacob Clark are all returning starters on the offensive line, varsity experience which will be very beneficial as the team transitions to the new Wing-T offense. Joe Holt takes over at fullback for the Wolves, while Dustin Tullis will be one of the featured running backs. Tullis was very dangerous whenever he carried the ball last year rushing for 264 yards on just 22 carries.
(3 returning starters)
Enterprise was one of the best defenses in 2A last year, but expectations aren’t nearly as high this year with just three starters back. Anchoring the defense will be returning defensive lineman Tripp, who racked up 55 tackles last year, and linebacker Holt, who was third on the team with 60 tackles. Tripp is a very strong athlete who won the power-lifting competition in his age group at the Utah Summer Games. Reber played sparingly on defense last year, but he’s expected to take on a much larger role this year.
Coaches preseason 2A South straw poll: Fourth
Deseret News 2A South prediction: Sixth
Bottom line: Enterprise hasn’t finished below second in region in the past three years, so it’s not fair to say an offensive switch was a must. However, the Wolves had regular-season success that never translated to playoff success. The program might take a slight step back this year while it adjusts to the new offense and 2A South teams like South Sevier, Richfield and Beaver all fight with Enterprise — and each other — for the No. 2 seed.
Aug. 17 — DIAMOND RANCH, 7 p.m.
Aug. 24 — at Lincoln County, Nev., 7 p.m.
Aug. 31 — at Parowan, 7 p.m.
Sept. 7 — SOUTH SEVIER, 7 p.m.
Sept. 14 — at Kanab, 7 p.m.
Sept. 21 — at Beaver, 7 p.m.
Sept. 28 — RICHFIELD, 7 p.m.
Oct. 5 — GRAND, 7 p.m.
Oct. 12 — at San Juan, 7 p.m.
Oct. 19 — Playoffs
Felt’s Facts for Enterprise High School
All-time record: 92-70 (15 years)
Region championships: 2 (2005, 2009 co)
Playoff appearances: 12
All-time playoff record: 10-11
State championships: 1 (2003)
State championship record: 1-2
Most played rivalry: 16 meetings with Parowan dating back to 1997. Enterprise leads 11-5. Meet on Aug. 31.
Felt’s Factoid(s): Enterprise holds the single-game safety record (tied with two others) of three, set in 2005 against Whitehorse.
Enterprise coaching history
2012 — Malin Williams
2007-2011 — Barry Jones (30-23)
2005-2006 — Scott Robinson (15-10)
2004 — Dustin Pearce (8-4)
2000-2003 — Randy Hunter (32-13)
1999 — Chris Anderson (2-7)
1997-1998 — Spencer Moody (5-13)
Deseret News MVPs the past 10 years
2003 — Kody Phelps, RB
Deseret News First Team all-staters the past 10 years
2011 — Ryan West, RB/LB
2011 — Sage Palmer, WR/DB
2010 — Slade Moyle, QB/DB
2010 — Jade Hulet, RB/LB
2009 — Robert Hunt, WR/LB
- BYU football: Cougars to play Washington in...
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes coming...
- Toddler basketball star, 'Trick-Shot-Titus,'...
- Utah State football: Aggies will take on No....
- Utah State football: Aggie defense plays...
- Utah Jazz: Jazz continue slide with overtime...
- Former Cougar Dennis Pitta scores first...
- BYU basketball report card: Cougars give...
- Dick Harmon: Are we spending too much... 61
- Commentary: Long-term success in... 51
- BYU basketball: 3 players record... 47
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 36
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 34
- BYU vs. No. 21 UMass live blog:... 27
- BYU basketball: Breaking down UMass,... 27
- Cougars in the pros: Austin Collie... 27