SALT LAKE CITY — One man has been charged with the July stabbing death of another man in the Capitol Hill neighborhood.
Adam Karr, 26, was charged in 3rd District Court Friday with criminal homicide, murder, a first-degree felony for the July 31 stabbing of Kaleb Yazzie. Karr was also charged with obstruction of justice, a second-degree felony.
Karr's brother, Ammon Karr, 21, was charged with obstructing justice and aggravated assault. Second- and third-degree felonies respectively.
According to charging documents Yazzie went to a party at the Karr brothers' home, 31 Girard Avenue in Salt Lake, and was told to leave by Ammon Karr. Yazzie later returned to get his liquor and the Karr brothers went outside and began fighting with him.
On his way out of the house, according to charging documents, Adam Karr allegedly told a nearby witness that he would stab Yazzie if he hit his brother.
During the fight charging documents state that Adam Karr struck Yazzie several times in the chest with his knife. After being stabbed Yazzie walked off the porch and collapsed on the ground. Stephen Thomason, who was staying at the Karr residence, allegedly dragged Yazzie's body down the road to an alley and stomped on his head and left him in the alley.
The Karr brothers then changed their bloody clothes and put them in a bag with the small knife Adam Karr used to stab Yazzie in bushes at the end of the road.
The charging documents state that the Utah State Medical Examiner's Office determined that Kaleb died from stab wounds.
- LDS missionaries developing strategies to...
- Martin MacNeill cuts self with razor in...
- As winter takes hold, needs increase for...
- Orem man accused of killing wife threatened...
- Families face uncertainty, unite in prayer as...
- Expelling Santa from school? Holiday...
- Swallow committee winding down as Attorney...
- December storms boost Utah's snowpack
- Utah judge could be first to rule on... 110
- Should parents pay extra for... 46
- Federal website fixes allowing more... 44
- Tea Party Express endorses Sen. Mike... 27
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say... 25
- Utahns react to death of Nelson Mandela 23
- As winter takes hold, needs increase... 23
- LDS missionaries developing strategies... 22