SALT LAKE CITY — One man has been charged with the July stabbing death of another man in the Capitol Hill neighborhood.
Adam Karr, 26, was charged in 3rd District Court Friday with criminal homicide, murder, a first-degree felony for the July 31 stabbing of Kaleb Yazzie. Karr was also charged with obstruction of justice, a second-degree felony.
Karr's brother, Ammon Karr, 21, was charged with obstructing justice and aggravated assault. Second- and third-degree felonies respectively.
According to charging documents Yazzie went to a party at the Karr brothers' home, 31 Girard Avenue in Salt Lake, and was told to leave by Ammon Karr. Yazzie later returned to get his liquor and the Karr brothers went outside and began fighting with him.
On his way out of the house, according to charging documents, Adam Karr allegedly told a nearby witness that he would stab Yazzie if he hit his brother.
During the fight charging documents state that Adam Karr struck Yazzie several times in the chest with his knife. After being stabbed Yazzie walked off the porch and collapsed on the ground. Stephen Thomason, who was staying at the Karr residence, allegedly dragged Yazzie's body down the road to an alley and stomped on his head and left him in the alley.
The Karr brothers then changed their bloody clothes and put them in a bag with the small knife Adam Karr used to stab Yazzie in bushes at the end of the road.
The charging documents state that the Utah State Medical Examiner's Office determined that Kaleb died from stab wounds.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 39
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 34
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Rep. Love hosts poverty discussion with... 18
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 14
- How the tech industry grew a rural Utah... 13