USU athletics: USU Aggie fans encouraged to pledge their allegiance for College Colors Day
Utah State Aggie fans have a chance to show their school pride on a world-wide stage, as USU is participating in the inaugural “Pledge Your Allegiance for College Colors Day” online competition.
The website-based rivalry competition, which includes 165 participating colleges and universities, is an element of this year’s 2012 College Colors Day celebration, leading up to College Colors Day on Friday, Aug. 31. Throughout the competition, standings will be tracked nationally, as well as by conference.
College Colors Day, which is the annual event which encourages people across the country to wear the colors of their favorite college or university to promote the college experience, is celebrated nationwide on Aug. 31. USU fans will have two-straight days to show their Aggie pride following the USU football season opener on Thursday, Aug. 30 against in-state foe Southern Utah at 6 p.m. (MT) at Merlin Olsen Field at Romney Stadium.
Fans can pledge their loyalty and support for Utah State by visiting www.espn.com/collegecolorsday. All registrants are entered to win weekly $50 gift cards from ESPN Shop and one of two grand prizes including a $500 college shopping spree at ESPN Shop. The competing school with the most registrants at the end of the month wins the prestigious College Colors Day Spirit Cup and $10,000 toward the school’s general scholarship fund.
College Colors Day is an annual celebration dedicated to promoting the traditions and spirit that embody the college experience by encouraging fans across America to wear their favorite college or university apparel throughout the day on Friday, Aug. 31.
The inaugural national spirit competition is presented by The Collegiate Licensing Company (CLC), a division of IMG College, and NCAA Football.
Aggie fans are also encouraged to share the Pledge Your Allegiance for College Colors Day competition through Facebook.
USU fans can also follow the Utah State athletic program at twitter.com/USUAthletics or on facebook at Utah State University Athletics.
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- Daniel Sorensen makes Chiefs 53-man roster,...
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- BYU's suspended players expected to be back...
- Dick Harmon: BYU coaches will take the win...
- Guest commentary: BYU football fans should...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- UVU men's soccer makes its program debut with...
- USU football: Aggies geared up to take on the...
- First steps: Utes open season with... 65
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 52
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Enemy camp: What UConn media thinks... 41