SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah System of Higher Education is accepting applications for its $25,000 digital media innovation contest.
Technologies applicable to the contest include mobile and web applications, video games, film, 3D animation, special effects and digital audio. Companies are limited to one contest application.
Contest applications are currently being accepted online at www.saltvalleytally.com. The deadline for entries is Aug. 30.
The public can vote on their favorite application between Sept. 10 and Oct. 9.
“We are excited to use crowdsourcing to capture the wisdom of the market in determining which digital media innovations are most deserving of the cash prizes,” said Steven Roy, associate vice president of economic development at Utah Valley University and USTAR regional technology outreach director. “This crowd voting process is inclusive, and we invite everyone, whether living in Utah or not, to vote on the applications starting in September.”
The five applications with the highest number of votes will be announced as the winners of the five $5,000 cash prizes on Oct. 10.
- Ex-teacher who abused students asks judge not...
- 14 things you didn't know about dreams
- Teen injured in Memorial Day crash dies
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on statute...
- Tino, the king of Hogle Zoo's jungle, is...
- Vernal man accused of beating puppy with a bat
- 2 killed in auto accident on I-80 in Summit...
- High school student found dead near Draper...
- Gov. Herbert stepping up pressure on... 44
- Utahns cheer, jeer appeals court's... 42
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on... 42
- Ex-teacher who abused students asks... 27
- Utah Attorney General's office moves to... 25
- Grantsville residents tell Prison... 25
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away... 24
- Parents of teen who died in overdose... 17