SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah System of Higher Education is accepting applications for its $25,000 digital media innovation contest.
Technologies applicable to the contest include mobile and web applications, video games, film, 3D animation, special effects and digital audio. Companies are limited to one contest application.
Contest applications are currently being accepted online at www.saltvalleytally.com. The deadline for entries is Aug. 30.
The public can vote on their favorite application between Sept. 10 and Oct. 9.
“We are excited to use crowdsourcing to capture the wisdom of the market in determining which digital media innovations are most deserving of the cash prizes,” said Steven Roy, associate vice president of economic development at Utah Valley University and USTAR regional technology outreach director. “This crowd voting process is inclusive, and we invite everyone, whether living in Utah or not, to vote on the applications starting in September.”
The five applications with the highest number of votes will be announced as the winners of the five $5,000 cash prizes on Oct. 10.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Police say man murdered his mother in her...
- UTA offers fare for food in Utah Food Bank drive
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 30
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 19
- LDS Church asks court to void subpoena... 11
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 8
- Prosecutors say Jeremy Johnson should... 7