SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah System of Higher Education is accepting applications for its $25,000 digital media innovation contest.
Technologies applicable to the contest include mobile and web applications, video games, film, 3D animation, special effects and digital audio. Companies are limited to one contest application.
Contest applications are currently being accepted online at www.saltvalleytally.com. The deadline for entries is Aug. 30.
The public can vote on their favorite application between Sept. 10 and Oct. 9.
“We are excited to use crowdsourcing to capture the wisdom of the market in determining which digital media innovations are most deserving of the cash prizes,” said Steven Roy, associate vice president of economic development at Utah Valley University and USTAR regional technology outreach director. “This crowd voting process is inclusive, and we invite everyone, whether living in Utah or not, to vote on the applications starting in September.”
The five applications with the highest number of votes will be announced as the winners of the five $5,000 cash prizes on Oct. 10.
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become park...
- Take a breather: 5 memorable ways to pamper...
- 10 of the most unusual laws in Utah
- Man found shot to death in Cottonwood Heights...
- Splash pad in N. Salt Lake’s Legacy...
- Panel seeks submissions for West Bountiful...
- Mapleton to discuss proposed road fee on June 15
- GOED board OKs grants to help 8 rural businesses
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 113
- Salt Lake's next skyscraper? Proposed... 25
- Sen. Hatch set to tour Utah's national... 18
- Provo forum to explore roles of family,... 18
- Skateboarder dies after being shot in... 11
- Medical marijuana debate focuses on... 10
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become... 8
- San Juan County Commissioner appeals... 8