SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah System of Higher Education is accepting applications for its $25,000 digital media innovation contest.
Technologies applicable to the contest include mobile and web applications, video games, film, 3D animation, special effects and digital audio. Companies are limited to one contest application.
Contest applications are currently being accepted online at www.saltvalleytally.com. The deadline for entries is Aug. 30.
The public can vote on their favorite application between Sept. 10 and Oct. 9.
“We are excited to use crowdsourcing to capture the wisdom of the market in determining which digital media innovations are most deserving of the cash prizes,” said Steven Roy, associate vice president of economic development at Utah Valley University and USTAR regional technology outreach director. “This crowd voting process is inclusive, and we invite everyone, whether living in Utah or not, to vote on the applications starting in September.”
The five applications with the highest number of votes will be announced as the winners of the five $5,000 cash prizes on Oct. 10.
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Researchers: Patients have only themselves to...
- We were there: See Deseret News front pages...
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge for...
- Love not attending Salt Lake City Rotary Club...
- Friend says wrong-way driver 'wasn't in his...
- Rock climber falls to his death at Zion...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 79
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 58
- Federal government extends same-sex... 37
- Autopsy shows man posed no threat to... 23
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Police arrest 3 suspected of... 15
- Risque video shoots trigger... 14
- Housing recovery slowest since World... 12