SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah System of Higher Education is accepting applications for its $25,000 digital media innovation contest.
Technologies applicable to the contest include mobile and web applications, video games, film, 3D animation, special effects and digital audio. Companies are limited to one contest application.
Contest applications are currently being accepted online at www.saltvalleytally.com. The deadline for entries is Aug. 30.
The public can vote on their favorite application between Sept. 10 and Oct. 9.
“We are excited to use crowdsourcing to capture the wisdom of the market in determining which digital media innovations are most deserving of the cash prizes,” said Steven Roy, associate vice president of economic development at Utah Valley University and USTAR regional technology outreach director. “This crowd voting process is inclusive, and we invite everyone, whether living in Utah or not, to vote on the applications starting in September.”
The five applications with the highest number of votes will be announced as the winners of the five $5,000 cash prizes on Oct. 10.
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary heading...
- Pleasant Grove pizza manager arrested for...
- Candlelight vigil held for critically injured...
- About Utah: They're best in the world
- Former Ute, NFL player brings holiday cheer...
- Two arrested in SLC homicide investigation
- Four being questioned in attempted murder of...
- Driver allegedly causes accident on I-15,...
- A year later, a look at the Utah... 95
- Sugar House man intends to sue police,... 36
- Anti-police protests tie up traffic on... 33
- Couples celebrate one-year anniversary... 20
- What does a letter grade mean for my... 19
- Utah lawmakers recommend lowest-cost... 16
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary... 15
- Regulators, groups eye EPA rule on coal... 11