"WOMEN OF STRENGTH," by Tristi Pinkston, Walnut Springs Press, $13.99, 140 pages (nf)
Tristi Pinkston takes an in-depth look at the endurance, heart and faith of a woman in her new book, “Strength of a Woman,” targeted to members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. The book is written in a casual style, much like a conversation you would have with a best girlfriend, and is loaded with rich quotes from LDS women and leaders, such as Sisters Julie Beck, former Relief Society general president, and Sheri L. Dew, the CEO of Deseret Book.
Pinkston also draws wisdom from prophets and apostles quoting President Gordon B. Hinckley, Elder James E. Faust, President Henry B. Eyring and Elder David A. Bednar. Pinkston uses real stories of women who appear in the scriptures, such as Esther, to aid in her vision of teaching all women that they have worth.
“A righteous woman's example can make all the difference. When she stands up for what she believes, she can soften the hearts of those around her and inspire them to want to be better themselves.” Pinkston, who has authored eight novels, said. “Any righteous person, regardless of gender, can uplift those around them who might be struggling.” In her latest book Pinkston highlights those women through 14 chapters ranging in topics from women and the adversary to strength in virtue.
Pinkston wrote the book based on conversations she had with women who felt helpless as mothers and wives. “I wished I could find a way to show them the amazing potential they have as daughters of God, and the idea of the book just poured into my mind.” She speaks of strength in areas many may not have considered: “Let’s cherish our talents, regardless of their 'size.' Every talent is an arrow in the Lord’s quiver, and he needs all the arrows he can get.”
“Women of Strength” is a quick read coming in at under 150 pages — but keep your highlighter handy as you will want to mark and re-read the pages in this small treasure.
- Elder Holland, David Archuleta promote 'Meet...
- Utah woman writes new verse for LDS Cultural...
- Carrie Underwood shares her Christian faith...
- Thousands gather for LDS Women's Meeting
- Defending the Faith: Thinking clearly about...
- President Uchtdorf: 'Live the gospel joyful'
- LDS general conference marks 90th, 65th...
- 2 LDS teens create video to share Mormon beliefs
- Defending the Faith: Thinking clearly... 92
- New Jersey teen to join fight against... 62
- Republicans rallying behind religious... 32
- FamilySearch provides LDS members with... 17
- LDS Church leaders share excitement for... 13
- 5 things to remember when you think God... 10
- Y. forum speaker focuses defending the... 6
- Here's how you and your spouse can... 3