"WOMEN OF STRENGTH," by Tristi Pinkston, Walnut Springs Press, $13.99, 140 pages (nf)
Tristi Pinkston takes an in-depth look at the endurance, heart and faith of a woman in her new book, “Strength of a Woman,” targeted to members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. The book is written in a casual style, much like a conversation you would have with a best girlfriend, and is loaded with rich quotes from LDS women and leaders, such as Sisters Julie Beck, former Relief Society general president, and Sheri L. Dew, the CEO of Deseret Book.
Pinkston also draws wisdom from prophets and apostles quoting President Gordon B. Hinckley, Elder James E. Faust, President Henry B. Eyring and Elder David A. Bednar. Pinkston uses real stories of women who appear in the scriptures, such as Esther, to aid in her vision of teaching all women that they have worth.
“A righteous woman's example can make all the difference. When she stands up for what she believes, she can soften the hearts of those around her and inspire them to want to be better themselves.” Pinkston, who has authored eight novels, said. “Any righteous person, regardless of gender, can uplift those around them who might be struggling.” In her latest book Pinkston highlights those women through 14 chapters ranging in topics from women and the adversary to strength in virtue.
Pinkston wrote the book based on conversations she had with women who felt helpless as mothers and wives. “I wished I could find a way to show them the amazing potential they have as daughters of God, and the idea of the book just poured into my mind.” She speaks of strength in areas many may not have considered: “Let’s cherish our talents, regardless of their 'size.' Every talent is an arrow in the Lord’s quiver, and he needs all the arrows he can get.”
“Women of Strength” is a quick read coming in at under 150 pages — but keep your highlighter handy as you will want to mark and re-read the pages in this small treasure.
- New Jersey lawsuit seeks to ban Pledge of...
- Normons: A site to prove just how normal...
- Wright Words: What do you tell a prospective...
- LDS teacher mourns loss of two former...
- LDS Easter video viewed over 5 million times
- The story behind the missionary reality TV...
- Faith untested as Americans skeptical of Big...
- Costa Rican a celebrity after certified miracle
- How much did President Obama donate to... 51
- Faith untested as Americans skeptical... 30
- Wright Words: What do you tell a... 24
- 'Because of Him': LDS video on Christ... 23
- New Jersey lawsuit seeks to ban Pledge... 21
- Normons: A site to prove just how... 21
- LDS Easter video viewed over 5 million... 17
- Most voters favor prayer, minus Jesus,... 15