Would you like to have a helper like Nanny Piggins and eat cake for breakfast, lunch and dinner everyday? Or how would it be to have a dad like Mr. Green, who never wants to smell, see or touch you? What about living with a 10-foot-tall, very sensitive bear? In "Nanny Piggins and the Wicked Plan," you can find out what it's like to have all of these at once — plus play strange games and dig to China.
This Nanny Piggins book includes 12 separate stories. Some of them include being shot out a cannon over a gorge, starting the Pig Scouts group, finding truffles, curing people with dessert, being a headmaster for a day, watching a gypsy trying to get Mr. Green to marry him and, of course, eating cake.
This book is the second in a series of Nanny Piggins chapter books by R.A. Spratt, who lives in Sydney, Australia. The first book was called "The Adventures of Nanny Piggins."
Spratt is an award-winning comedy writer with 15 years experience in television. She used to enjoy bell ringing, hapkido (a Korean martial art) and running long distances. After having two children, she became so busy that all she does now is take care of the kids and write. She is currently working on the eighth installment in the Nanny Piggins picture book series for younger kids, available only in Australia.
The pictures in "Nanny Piggins and the Wicked Plan" are fantastic and helped to make the book more understandable. I even tried to draw the front cover, but mine was not as good as the one done by Dan Santat, the illustrator.
"Nanny Piggins and the Wicked Plan" is hilarious stories that will make you laugh your head off. When you're done, you will think, "Ugh! Does it have to be over?" instead of being glad that it's finally done.
'Nancy Piggins and the Wicked Plan'
"Nanny Piggins and the Wicked Plan" is hitting the bookstores of North America and to mark this occasion, Nanny Piggins has recorded this message to her American fans.
Elllie De Groote is 9 years old and runs the blog SuperKidReviews.wordpress.com with her 11-year-old sister, Kate.
- An 'unlikely father of five': Comedian Jim...
- 7 young musicians to perform with Utah...
- Clean Cut: '20 things we should say more often'
- The Clean Cut: 'You poked my heart,' boy says...
- Joseph Cramer, M.D.: The difference between...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Is fear holding you...
- Human nature to be put to the test in...
- 'Frozen' Disney World ride plans upset some...
- Body Worlds exhibit debuts this weekend... 2
- The challenge of using media to tell... 2
- 'Frozen' Disney World ride plans upset... 2
- George Clooney marries human rights... 1
- How to talk to kids about terrorism 1
- An unusually high number of PG-rated... 1
- An 'unlikely father of five': Comedian... 1
- The Clean Cut: 'You poked my heart,'... 1