Jaren Wilkey, BYU
Trent Pratt, Brent Haring and Jeremy Thomas have been hired as assistant baseball coaches to complete the staff of newly hired BYU head coach Mike Littlewood.
The trio of assistants spent the past three seasons together at Dixie College with Littlewood, tallying a 98-54 record. In those three winning seasons they produced a conference title and an NCAA playoff berth.
Pratt graduated from and played two seasons at Auburn University where his brother Scott also played. Pratt transferred to Auburn from Arizona State where he played for two seasons.
“Trent is a great baseball guy with tremendous passion for the game,” Littlewood said. “He is one of the top catching coaches in the country and a great evaluator of talent. We are fortunate to have Trent and his family in our BYU program.”
Pratt played pro ball four seasons as a catcher and was drafted three times by the Philadelphia Phillies (12th round in 2002), Arizona Diamondbacks (34th round, 2001) and Texas Rangers (38th round, 1999).
Pratt prepped at Tooele High School. He and his wife Darice have three children, including twin daughters.
Haring previously coached at Dixie, at Harding University, at Mt. Olive College, College of the Ozarks and Southern Virginia University.
“Brent brings a wealth of recruiting experience and a tireless work ethic to the BYU baseball program,” Littlewood said. “We fully expect to land many of the top baseball prospects in the country with Brent leading out recruiting efforts.”
Haring played two seasons of baseball at SVU where he graduated with a bachelor’s and went on to earn a master’s at Harding University in Arkansas. Haring also played for Colorado Northwestern Junior College and is married to the former Mary Falatea.
Thomas will be a volunteer assistant on the staff, serving as the pitching coach. Thomas had been an assistant at Dixie since 2006 and works full-time as a software product manager for Steton Technology Group.
“Jeremy has a great track record of developing pitchers at Dixie State College and I'm excited to see how our guys will progress in the future,” Littlewood said. “Our pitching staff will be in good hands with Jeremy leading the way.”
Thomas pitched for the Houston Astros organization and Zion Pioneerzz after playing for BYU from 1998-99. Prior to transferring to BYU where he was two-time Academic All-Western Athletic Conference, he played for Snow College. He and his wife Marcy are the parents of three children.
Ralph R. Zobell has worked for BYU Athletic Media Relations in various capacities for over 30 years. You can view his bio at http://byucougars.com/staff/athletics/ralph-zobell or contact him at email@example.com.
- Ranking the best free-agent signings in Utah...
- There were some highlights in Utah Jazz's...
- Randy Hollis: Hayward's price tag too much...
- Utah Jazz guard Dante Exum sings to himself...
- Can Devin Mahina help bring glory back to...
- Utah Jazz 'ecstatic' for Charlotte-bound...
- Jazz match, Gordon Hayward to sign four-year,...
- BYU football players like the variety, travel...
- Is independence a viable option for... 138
- BYU football players like the variety,... 74
- Jazz match, Gordon Hayward to sign... 57
- Utah Jazz almost on the clock to match... 28
- Randy Hollis: Hayward's price tag too... 21
- Big turnout of fans buoys Jazz 18
- Utah Utes to face familiar faces in... 14
- Jimmer Fredette returns to Provo to... 14