Blue roundup: Coach Mike Leach frustrated with WSU offense
There's less than three weeks until the season-opener between BYU and Washington State.
BYU held its first scrimmage on Thursday. Meanwhile, up in Pullman, Wash., first-year coach Mike Leach got frustrated with his offense and let them know it.
"Right now, we're a team that loses our concentration when we get tired, and so basically we've got to work through that and drill and develop the skill to do that," Leach told the Seattle Times. "... All of a sudden, your number's called and it's time to rise up and respond. You better be there ready to do it, rather than a bunch of indecision. We've just got to do a better job of impressing the point on those guys to be ready to tee it up."
Here's a view of Provo, and BYU, from a Washington State perspective.
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center stage...
- 11-year-old Salt Lake native once again...
- High school football: Friday's roundup
- NFL locals photo gallery: Ansah grabs the...
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big 12...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 63
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 51
- NFL cuts tracker: Former Cougars... 50
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 49