Utah State: Permanent bleachers highlight changes to Chuck and Gloria Bell Soccer Field
As the Utah State soccer team prepares for its exhibition on Saturday, Aug. 11, fans will notice changes to Chuck and Gloria Bell Soccer Field.
Permanent bleachers have been added to the west side of Bell Field, giving the field a capacity of near 1,000. The press box will remain on the west side. The team benches will now be on the east side of the field, which is a change from previous seasons. Chuck and Gloria Bell Soccer Field was originally built in 2002.
Utah State has a tremendous 62-25-14 record at Bell field, including a 9-0-1 record in 2011.
The field also has new wind screens and banners, acknowledging Utah State’s WAC Tournament and WAC regular-season titles. There is also a banner recognizing the Aggies first NCAA appearance in 2011.
As always, admission to all Utah State soccer games is free. Fans will now be able to park in the gravel lot on the West side of the field and use the west side as the main entrance. Seating will be available on the west side, as well as the grass on the south side of the field.
For the first time, the Aggies will be streaming all home soccer matches through www.UtahStateAggies.com. There is a Utah State All-Access Monthly Subscription for $9.95 and a Utah State All-Access Yearly Subscription for $79.95.
Utah State returns 12 letterwinners and seven starters from last year’s team that finished 15-5-2 and captured their first WAC Tournament title, while reaching their first NCAA Tournament. USU brings back three seniors in defender Natalie Norris, defender Kami Montgomery and goalkeeper Ashlyn Mulford.
USU opens the 2012 campaign against in-state rival Utah at Rio Tinto Stadium in Sandy, Utah on Friday, Aug. 17 at 7 p.m. The Aggies home opener will be on Sunday, Aug. 19 against UTEP at 12p.m.
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- Records fall as BYU, Chase Fischer shoot past...
- Red and Blue Recruits: BYU's new commit gets...
- Haws, Collinsworth shine, but SDSU downs BYU...
- High school boys basketball: 5A team-by-team...
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall wants freshmen to...
- BYU basketball instant analysis: There are...
- 4A boys basketball for 2014-15 season
- Utah State's Kevin Whimpey is an athlete,...
- When it rains, it pours: Utes get... 159
- Utes drop out of national rankings... 93
- Haws, Collinsworth shine, but SDSU... 66
- Branden Bowen breaks Utah commitment,... 45
- Utah football: Utes' annual game with... 42
- BYU blanks hapless Savannah State, 64-0 40
- For BYU, it's not about opponent... 32
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall wants... 30