Utah State: Permanent bleachers highlight changes to Chuck and Gloria Bell Soccer Field
As the Utah State soccer team prepares for its exhibition on Saturday, Aug. 11, fans will notice changes to Chuck and Gloria Bell Soccer Field.
Permanent bleachers have been added to the west side of Bell Field, giving the field a capacity of near 1,000. The press box will remain on the west side. The team benches will now be on the east side of the field, which is a change from previous seasons. Chuck and Gloria Bell Soccer Field was originally built in 2002.
Utah State has a tremendous 62-25-14 record at Bell field, including a 9-0-1 record in 2011.
The field also has new wind screens and banners, acknowledging Utah State’s WAC Tournament and WAC regular-season titles. There is also a banner recognizing the Aggies first NCAA appearance in 2011.
As always, admission to all Utah State soccer games is free. Fans will now be able to park in the gravel lot on the West side of the field and use the west side as the main entrance. Seating will be available on the west side, as well as the grass on the south side of the field.
For the first time, the Aggies will be streaming all home soccer matches through www.UtahStateAggies.com. There is a Utah State All-Access Monthly Subscription for $9.95 and a Utah State All-Access Yearly Subscription for $79.95.
Utah State returns 12 letterwinners and seven starters from last year’s team that finished 15-5-2 and captured their first WAC Tournament title, while reaching their first NCAA Tournament. USU brings back three seniors in defender Natalie Norris, defender Kami Montgomery and goalkeeper Ashlyn Mulford.
USU opens the 2012 campaign against in-state rival Utah at Rio Tinto Stadium in Sandy, Utah on Friday, Aug. 17 at 7 p.m. The Aggies home opener will be on Sunday, Aug. 19 against UTEP at 12p.m.
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- BYU offense offers sneak peek for fans in...
- Former longtime Utah Jazz broadcaster Hot Rod...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes as...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in spite...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 102
- Guest commentary: Utah Jazz face an... 31
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 27
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 21
- Dick Harmon: Henderson joins other BYU... 20
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 16