PLEASANT GROVE — A 7-year-old Eagle Mountain girl drown Thursday afternoon while swimming with family at a popular Utah County reservoir, police said.
Just before 3 p.m., Pleasant Grove police responded to reports of a drowning at Manila Creek Park, 3300 N. 900 West. The girl was found floating face down and was pulled from the pond by her mother, said Pleasant Grove Police Lt. Britt Smith.
Bystanders started CPR on the girl, and life-saving efforts were continued by officers and paramedics when they arrived, Smith said. Attempts to resuscitate the girl continued in the ambulance and at American Fork Hospital, where she was pronounced dead.
Smith said police are investigating the drowning.
"We're not certain of the events that led her to be found in the condition she was in at the pond," he said.
Police did not release the identity of the girl.
- Video: How to choose the right helmet for...
- ACLU sues the state over inadequate legal...
- Man suffers burns in costly West Valley fire...
- Body of missing hiker found above Alta
- Documents: Former teacher says he used to...
- Nearly 70 percent of Utahns say Donald Trump...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- Worthy of celebration: 99-year history of...
- Immigration ruling called hurtful, a... 75
- Nearly 70 percent of Utahns say Donald... 62
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 29
- ACLU sues the state over inadequate... 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- Rio Grande neighborhood 'more unsafe... 21