PLEASANT GROVE — A 7-year-old Eagle Mountain girl drown Thursday afternoon while swimming with family at a popular Utah County reservoir, police said.
Just before 3 p.m., Pleasant Grove police responded to reports of a drowning at Manila Creek Park, 3300 N. 900 West. The girl was found floating face down and was pulled from the pond by her mother, said Pleasant Grove Police Lt. Britt Smith.
Bystanders started CPR on the girl, and life-saving efforts were continued by officers and paramedics when they arrived, Smith said. Attempts to resuscitate the girl continued in the ambulance and at American Fork Hospital, where she was pronounced dead.
Smith said police are investigating the drowning.
"We're not certain of the events that led her to be found in the condition she was in at the pond," he said.
Police did not release the identity of the girl.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- How new technology is reshaping pacemakers
- Prosecutors 'stand down' and drop criminal...
- Screaming, shouting and Utah's in the middle...
- Utah crafting rules for spending on water,...
- Utah city condemns Confederate flag display...
- Fire destroys Taylorsville home, damages another
- Another first: Utah caretaker contracts Zika...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Screaming, shouting and Utah's in the... 64
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 29
- Prosecutors 'stand down' and drop... 28
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16