PLEASANT GROVE — A 7-year-old Eagle Mountain girl drown Thursday afternoon while swimming with family at a popular Utah County reservoir, police said.
Just before 3 p.m., Pleasant Grove police responded to reports of a drowning at Manila Creek Park, 3300 N. 900 West. The girl was found floating face down and was pulled from the pond by her mother, said Pleasant Grove Police Lt. Britt Smith.
Bystanders started CPR on the girl, and life-saving efforts were continued by officers and paramedics when they arrived, Smith said. Attempts to resuscitate the girl continued in the ambulance and at American Fork Hospital, where she was pronounced dead.
Smith said police are investigating the drowning.
"We're not certain of the events that led her to be found in the condition she was in at the pond," he said.
Police did not release the identity of the girl.
- BYU student parlays app idea into a life-changer
- Mayor responds to pending harassment lawsuit...
- Parents of teen who died in overdose hope...
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global audience,...
- Zion's trees are dying of old age
- Conservative group yanks TV ads targeting...
- Sculptor hopes new statue brings comfort to...
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex... 22
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global... 17
- Sen. Orrin Hatch calls HBO story on... 16
- Conservative group yanks TV ads... 14
- Mayor responds to pending harassment... 12
- Mia Love pushing higher education act 11
- Sen. Mike Lee pushing for vote on USA... 9
- A.G. Sean Reyes took donation from... 8