PLEASANT GROVE — A 7-year-old Eagle Mountain girl drown Thursday afternoon while swimming with family at a popular Utah County reservoir, police said.
Just before 3 p.m., Pleasant Grove police responded to reports of a drowning at Manila Creek Park, 3300 N. 900 West. The girl was found floating face down and was pulled from the pond by her mother, said Pleasant Grove Police Lt. Britt Smith.
Bystanders started CPR on the girl, and life-saving efforts were continued by officers and paramedics when they arrived, Smith said. Attempts to resuscitate the girl continued in the ambulance and at American Fork Hospital, where she was pronounced dead.
Smith said police are investigating the drowning.
"We're not certain of the events that led her to be found in the condition she was in at the pond," he said.
Police did not release the identity of the girl.
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- Man stole ring, woman swallowed it, police say
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152 years ......
- Doug Robinson: The Birdman of Utah
- Bear spends two hours trying to enter...
- Duchesne County man pleads guilty to federal...
- Crews rescue two hikers on Mount Timpanogos
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 31
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 22
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Solar energy users claim victory as... 14
- Gov.: Elected officials need to serve... 10
- U. tailgating carries tradition of... 10
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns... 10
- Missionary, police testify against man... 8