Ryan Morgenegg, Courtesy Jesse James Games
Wangle is an exciting new card and dexterity game by Jesse James Games. The best way to describe it is an improved version of "spoons" with better components. The rules include variations on the classic and point scoring systems.
A number of Wangle sticks (that look like two-sided honey sticks) equal to one less than the number of players are placed at the center of the table. Players are dealt five cards.
The cards are not your typical face cards; they contain fun themes with images based on football, camping, Western scenes, baseball, snow and the beach. Players sit around the table with a hand of five cards trying to collect four of a kind or create a run of five in the same suit. They pass cards from one player to the next, taking what they need and passing the rest.
When a player gathers what he needs, he quietly reaches in and takes a Wangle stick from the center of the table. At this point, the other players need to be observant to grab a Wangle stick so they don't disappear. Points are scored for earning four-of-a-kind or a straight and also for retrieving a Wangle stick. If you initiate a run on the Wangle sticks, you must prove you gathered four-of-a-kind or a straight. Play continues for a number of rounds with a win going to the team with the highest score.
Wangle is fun and easy to learn. If you've played spoons, you can jump right in. The core of the game vacillates between the rapid fun of card collecting to the nail-biting watch over the Wangle sticks so you don't end up empty-handed.
Overall, the purchase of Wangle will guarantee a fun time for your family. The game is an improvement on the classic. For budget-minded individuals, all you need is a deck of face cards and a set of spoons. Part of the money earned from sales of Wangle goes to charity.
Ryan Morgenegg is a multimedia specialist for the Deseret News.
- Mormons popping up all over TV these days
- 5 PG movies that aren't exactly kid friendly
- Katie Couric interviews Mormon mom from Cute...
- 10 reasons a traditional marriage is better...
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Utah’s...
- 6-year-old 'Rapunzel' donates hair to...
- The Clean Cut: 3-year-old drumming prodigy...
- The Clean Cut: This ATM gives people much...
- Two powerful forces make American... 27
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 19
- 10 reasons a traditional marriage is... 18
- 5 PG movies that aren't exactly kid... 15
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Utah’s... 13
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention... 8
- Many adults delay parenthood for these... 5
- Bills aim to bring marriage, family law... 4