SALT LAKE CITY — A Utah computer manufacturer vows to add 500 new jobs over the next five years.
The Governor’s Office of Economic Development Thursday approved a five-year, post-performance $2,045,825 refundable tax credit for Salt Lake City-based Xi3 Corp.
The company plans to devote $32,244,000 in capital investment toward future expansion along the Wasatch Front during that period, with projections to bring 500 new employees to its Utah workforce during that timeframe. The new positions will pay wages at a minimum of 25 percent above Salt Lake County or Utah County average wages including benefits.
Xi3 expects to generate nearly $170 million in new state wages and more than $98 million in new state revenue during the life of the incentive.
In November 2010, the company introduced its patented Xi3 Computer Architecture with its Xi3 Modular Computer — the smallest, most powerful and most energy-efficient 64-bit computer currently in production. Presently, the company has numerous additional computers, servers and other products various stages of development, with several slated for introduction this fall.
“We have a very smart, hard-working and dedicated workforce,” said Jason Sullivan, founder and CEO of Xi3 Corporation. “Utah is one of one of the most beautiful parts of the country and we now have the support of the state to help us aggressively grow Xi3 here in Utah."
- 5 reasons your most talented employees will...
- Failed resort embittered friends, Marc Jenson...
- McDonald's CEO steps down as sales decline
- Profiting as a Super Bowl host city...
- Business community supports tax increases for...
- Young adults prefer to share chores and...
- After setting iPhone record, what does Apple...
- Utah's largest oil producer lays off 80...
- Lawmakers looking to pump up gas tax... 61
- Business community supports tax... 22
- McDonald's CEO steps down as sales decline 7
- After setting iPhone record, what does... 4
- Greek radical left wins election,... 3
- US consumer confidence jumps to 7... 3
- Knocking doors: What to know before... 3
- 5 reasons your most talented employees... 2