Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
Conference invite: It’s less than two months away, so now is the time to prepare. Click in for this new video invitation to “Come Listen to Living Prophets” during the upcoming October general conference. And, even better, share it with your family and friends.
Global genes: “Anna was born with xeroderma pigmentosum (or XP). XP is a rare inherited disease that causes her to be extremely sensitive to the damaging effects of ultraviolet radiation. Daily living is a bit different for Anna. Each day, Anna’s skin is covered with sunblock and lotions. She must remain indoors to be completely safe. Before going outdoors on occasion, Anna must wear shoes, long pants, long-sleeved shirts, gloves, sunglasses and, as she gets older, a custom-made hat with a specialty UV-blocking plastic face shield.” Click in to learn more about Anna, a little Mormon girl who is featured on the Global Genes Project.
Canning 101: The bloggers at Food Storage Made Easy asked their readers, “What would be the ONE topic you would want to learn more about?” The "overwhelming" answer? Canning. “We’ve posted about different canning projects over the years but have never done a comprehensive ‘how-to’ for you, so today we’re going to give you a rundown on everything you need to know to get started.” So if you're curious to learn more about the topic as the canning season begins, click in to “Canning 101: Everything You Need to Know to Get Started.”
Emily W. Jensen updates "Today in the Bloggernacle" on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, presenting the best from the world of LDS-oriented blog sites. Her extended "Bloggernacle Back Bench" appears on Tuesdays. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- LDS Church alters Christmas devotional tradition
- Mormon-raised Paul Walker remembered for...
- Tips for LDS bloggers from the 'ultimate...
- BYU's linebacker Kyle Van Noy engaged to Miss...
- 10 things to do with an LDS account
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say...
- What's new: 'Women and the Priesthood' by...
- Court: Mormon church, members not liable in...
- Mormon-raised Paul Walker remembered... 62
- Croatians vote against same-sex marriage 50
- Cardinal Dolan says Catholic church... 38
- Court: Mormon church, members not... 34
- Notre Dame sues over health care law's... 30
- BYU's linebacker Kyle Van Noy engaged... 28
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say... 25
- Ask Angela: Woman shares update on... 20