Second body found in Lake Powell near where first was found
PAGE, Ariz. — Police are investigating the drowning of two women who were found in Lake Powell.
The body of Merve Tokel was pulled out of the Lake Wednesday, and Betul Eryildirim was found Thursday.
The two women, both 21 and from Turkey, were working for the summer for the company that runs the concession stand at Bullfrog Marina. They were living in Bullfrog for the summer.
On Wednesday, about 3:45 p.m., the body of Tokel was spotted by a boater; the body was floating face down in the water near a popular swim beach in Croppy Cove near the Bullfrog Marina.
Divers located the body of Eryildirim Thursday, about 6:30 p.m., in about 30 feet of water near the area where the first woman was found.
The women had told friends they were leaving to go to the beach about 3 p.m. and return at 6 p.m., said Kane County Sheriff's Sgt. Alan Alldredge.
"At this point, no foul play is expected," he said. "But investigators are treating the incident as a homicide until it can be ruled out."
- 3 men missing nearly 5 months were likely...
- BYU student claims he was evicted after...
- Court battle settled over Susan Powell...
- Stolen truck full of $1 million in shoes...
- Gail Miller honored as 'Giant In Our City'
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- Tea party movement still strong, Harvard...
- Sen. Harry Reid's retirement recalls his...
- BYU student claims he was evicted after... 41
- Meetings to resolve Medicaid expansion... 29
- Critics worry firing squad law will... 27
- Dramatic increase in Alzheimer's... 24
- Tea party movement still strong,... 22
- Sen. Mike Lee not ready to endorse Ted... 18
- Salt Lake City to become next Google... 17
- Co-founder of Ancestry.com charged with... 14