Second body found in Lake Powell near where first was found
PAGE, Ariz. — Police are investigating the drowning of two women who were found in Lake Powell.
The body of Merve Tokel was pulled out of the Lake Wednesday, and Betul Eryildirim was found Thursday.
The two women, both 21 and from Turkey, were working for the summer for the company that runs the concession stand at Bullfrog Marina. They were living in Bullfrog for the summer.
On Wednesday, about 3:45 p.m., the body of Tokel was spotted by a boater; the body was floating face down in the water near a popular swim beach in Croppy Cove near the Bullfrog Marina.
Divers located the body of Eryildirim Thursday, about 6:30 p.m., in about 30 feet of water near the area where the first woman was found.
The women had told friends they were leaving to go to the beach about 3 p.m. and return at 6 p.m., said Kane County Sheriff's Sgt. Alan Alldredge.
"At this point, no foul play is expected," he said. "But investigators are treating the incident as a homicide until it can be ruled out."
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre urges...
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close South...
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence of...
- Deer attacks man in Draper backyard, police say
- Two rescued after falling through ice at...
- Driver in DUI crash that maimed 11-year-old...
- Got an emergency? You can now text 911 in 3...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 56
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 39
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre... 28
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 14
- Report: Communication breakdowns... 10
- About Utah: Selling bikes the... 7