Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
Blue-collar workers are top of the list for worst employee health, according to a recent survey conducted by Gallup-Healthways.
The survey found that 33 percent of mining and construction workers and 29 percent of installation and repair employees are smokers, reported USA Today.
Running in the 30 percentile for obesity are those employed in transportation, manufacturing and production. Fresh fruits and vegetables are hardly found in the diet of half of the construction and mining workers surveyed, according to the report.
Better health will cause less turnover and lower health care costs for companies, said Carter Coberley, director of Health Research and Outcomes at Healthways to USA Today.
- How much money should you be saving from each...
- Happiness research inspired one business...
- Airline industry is least liked industries in...
- Are you ready to start using a digital wallet?
- April 15 may be Tax Day, but Tax Freedom Day...
- Why do only half of Americans invest in stocks?
- University of Utah commits to buying more...
- Did you file your taxes jointly or...
- Happiness research inspired one... 13
- EnergySolutions shouldn't store uranium... 8
- Why do only half of Americans invest in... 5
- Contact lens makers sue Utah over... 4
- Airline industry is least liked... 4
- Did you file your taxes jointly or... 4
- University of Utah commits to buying... 3
- Leadership touted at governor's... 3