UVU basketball: Former UVU forward Geddes Robinson to play professionally in Germany
OREM — Former Utah Valley University forward Geddes Robinson has signed to play professionally for the Dragons Rhoendorf in Germany.
Robinson, who played at UVU from 2010-12 and is the school's season and career leader in rebounds, leaves for Germany on Sunday, August 12. He graduated from Utah Valley in April with a degree in behavioral science with an emphasis in psychology.
"I'm excited to graduate and being able to have two of my dreams come true; walking away with a degree and a pro contract," Robinson said.
UVU head coach Dick Hunsaker said this is a special time for his former player.
"With his degree completed, this is a great opportunity for Geddes to pursue his dreams and continue to develop his skills," Hunsaker said.
The Dragons Rhoendorf is a member of the Germany-ProB league and is located in Bad Honnef, North Rhine-Westphalia. The season is set to begin in early October.
Robinson was a first-team all-conference performer as a senior after helping Utah Valley to its second straight Great West Conference championship. He averaged 9.8 points and was 13th in the nation with 10.4 rebounds per game.
Clint Burgi is the assistant athletic director for sports information at Utah Valley University. For more information on Wolverine athletics, visit WolverineGreen.com.
- Tom Holmoe says BYU 'excited' that Big 12...
- BYU and the Big 12: A timeline of events
- NCAA: No. 1 overall seed to choose tourney...
- IOC explores legal options on banning all...
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes...
- NBA moving All-Star Game out of Charlotte,...
- Brazil nabs 10 IS backers in Olympics...
- Oklahoma State forward Tyrek Coger dies after...
- Tom Holmoe says BYU 'excited' that Big... 126
- Brad Rock: What BYU needs to nail down... 105
- Morning links: National college... 76
- Nine Big 12 candidates: The pros and cons 68
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 63
- Finding a Power 5 home for all BYU... 52
- Big 12 Media Days social roundup:... 49
- Annual instate college basketball... 37