Most played rivalry: 15 meetings with four schools, Cedar, Dixie, Hurricane and Pine View, all dating back to 1997. Cedar leads 13-2; Dixie leads 14-1; Hurricane leads 11-4; Pine View leads 13-2. Meets Cedar on Oct. 11, Dixie on Sept. 28, Hurricane on Oct. 17 and Pine View on Oct. 5.
Felt’s Factoid(s): Canyon View and Cedar vie for the Pick — the traveling trophy that goes to the winner of the game between these Cedar City schools. ... Even though CV has won just one playoff game, it’s still in elite company: It’s one of just 11 schools to have a perfect playoff record on its home field.
Canyon View coaching history
2008-Current — Alex Huxford (6-31)
2004-2007 — Randy Hunter (10-28)
1997-2003 — Danny Lewis (23-49)
Deseret News First Team all-staters the past 10 years
2006 — Austin Minefee, RB
To view second team and honorable mention all-staters through the years, check out the Deseret News All-State Archives.
Contributing: Jessica Wilde, Conner Johnson, Steve Mundee and prep football historian George Felt.
- If hired, Jeff Hornacek will face same...
- The offseason status of NFL players with Utah...
- USA Rugby: 'What BYU won ... was a mythical...
- High school track: Ogden's Sarah Feeny breaks...
- Dick Harmon: BYU coach Mike Littlewood...
- Mormon NFL safety Eric Weddle: Balancing...
- High school track: Boys championship results...
- High school track: Park City's Ben Saarel...
- Considerable work, planning has gone... 71
- USA Rugby: 'What BYU won ... was a... 66
- Mormon NFL safety Eric Weddle:... 65
- Ryan Teeples: Ziggy Ansah's story... 61
- Utes football recruiting: Polynesian... 60
- Utes football: No changes imminent for... 56
- High school baseball: 5A, 4A, 3A state... 49
- BYU football to receive 6-figure payout... 41