Most played rivalry: 15 meetings with four schools, Cedar, Dixie, Hurricane and Pine View, all dating back to 1997. Cedar leads 13-2; Dixie leads 14-1; Hurricane leads 11-4; Pine View leads 13-2. Meets Cedar on Oct. 11, Dixie on Sept. 28, Hurricane on Oct. 17 and Pine View on Oct. 5.
Felt’s Factoid(s): Canyon View and Cedar vie for the Pick — the traveling trophy that goes to the winner of the game between these Cedar City schools. ... Even though CV has won just one playoff game, it’s still in elite company: It’s one of just 11 schools to have a perfect playoff record on its home field.
Canyon View coaching history
2008-Current — Alex Huxford (6-31)
2004-2007 — Randy Hunter (10-28)
1997-2003 — Danny Lewis (23-49)
Deseret News First Team all-staters the past 10 years
2006 — Austin Minefee, RB
To view second team and honorable mention all-staters through the years, check out the Deseret News All-State Archives.
Contributing: Jessica Wilde, Conner Johnson, Steve Mundee and prep football historian George Felt.
- MLS Cup live blog: Sporting KC wins 7-6 in...
- BYU vs. No. 21 UMass live blog: Minutemen's...
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom Hill,...
- BYU basketball: Cougars face No. 21 UMass in...
- Utah State football: Immovable Aggies face...
- BYU basketball: Hot-shooting UMass fires its...
- Utah Jazz: Rip City, all right...
- High school boys basketball: TJ Haws'...
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes come up... 101
- Dick Harmon: Are we spending too much... 59
- Commentary: Long-term success in... 49
- BYU basketball: 3 players record... 47
- BYU basketball: Breaking down UMass,... 27
- Cougars in the pros: Austin Collie... 27
- BYU vs. No. 21 UMass live blog:... 26
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 24