Mike Terry, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Utah Gov. Gary Herbert has appointed Harris H. Simmons as a member of the State Board of Regents.
Simmons, the chairman, president and CEO of Zions Bancorporation, replaces Salt Lake attorney David Jordan.
“With decades of experience in both business and the community, Harris brings valuable knowledge of what the state of Utah needs to thrive,” Herbert said. “This insight will be invaluable in promoting educational opportunities that enrich our students and ultimately grow our economy.”
Simmons has served as chairman of the Salt Lake County Zoo Arts and Parks campaign. He also serves on the board of directors for Questar Corporation and the National Life Group. He is a past chairman of the American Bankers Association.
- US stock indexes pull back after a strong...
- Goldman 2Q earnings jump, helped by lower...
- Why your co-workers come to work sick
- Dave Ramsey says: Stick with paying the...
- Michelle Singletary: Like searching for...
- Local government board fostered 'culture of...
- BLM releases blueprint for oil and gas...
- 5 tips for a successful job interview
- Local government board fostered... 16
- Salt Lake's 'passive' house a model of... 6
- BLM releases blueprint for oil and gas... 4
- Provo airport expansion could provide... 4
- Millions being spent gambling at 2... 3
- Goldman 2Q earnings jump, helped by... 1
- Why your co-workers come to work sick 1
- Michelle Singletary: Like searching for... 1