Mike Terry, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Utah Gov. Gary Herbert has appointed Harris H. Simmons as a member of the State Board of Regents.
Simmons, the chairman, president and CEO of Zions Bancorporation, replaces Salt Lake attorney David Jordan.
“With decades of experience in both business and the community, Harris brings valuable knowledge of what the state of Utah needs to thrive,” Herbert said. “This insight will be invaluable in promoting educational opportunities that enrich our students and ultimately grow our economy.”
Simmons has served as chairman of the Salt Lake County Zoo Arts and Parks campaign. He also serves on the board of directors for Questar Corporation and the National Life Group. He is a past chairman of the American Bankers Association.
- Sugar House streetcar prepares for public launch
- Walmart's 20 best-selling Black Friday items
- DeseretNews.com reaches page view milestone;...
- Intermountain Healthcare offering benefits to...
- Google taking steps toward robot creation
- UTA's six-person group pass is here for the...
- Green energy option in Logan points to a need...
- Start thinking about retirement while in your...
- Obama declares health care law is... 20
- Intermountain Healthcare offering... 15
- Start thinking about retirement while... 7
- Amazon's latest idea may make online... 6
- Walmart's 20 best-selling Black Friday... 5
- About Utah: A cheesy way to save the farm 4
- DeseretNews.com reaches page view... 4
- Collecting online sales tax puts Utah... 3