Mike Terry, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Utah Gov. Gary Herbert has appointed Harris H. Simmons as a member of the State Board of Regents.
Simmons, the chairman, president and CEO of Zions Bancorporation, replaces Salt Lake attorney David Jordan.
“With decades of experience in both business and the community, Harris brings valuable knowledge of what the state of Utah needs to thrive,” Herbert said. “This insight will be invaluable in promoting educational opportunities that enrich our students and ultimately grow our economy.”
Simmons has served as chairman of the Salt Lake County Zoo Arts and Parks campaign. He also serves on the board of directors for Questar Corporation and the National Life Group. He is a past chairman of the American Bankers Association.
- Utah among states with greatest urban sprawl
- Balancing act: List of top work-from-home...
- Grieving borrowers told to repay student loan
- University of Utah launches community solar...
- Dave Ramsey says: Being debt-free beats...
- Harry Potter fans: Hogwarts is offering...
- Why small businesses want a higher minimum wage
- How much did President Obama donate to his...
- How much did President Obama donate to... 51
- Utah among states with greatest urban... 45
- Salt Lake City's inversion problem... 17
- University of Utah launches community... 15
- Grieving borrowers told to repay... 14
- Why small businesses want a higher... 9
- Harry Potter fans: Hogwarts is offering... 8
- Dave Ramsey says: Being debt-free beats... 6