Mike Terry, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Utah Gov. Gary Herbert has appointed Harris H. Simmons as a member of the State Board of Regents.
Simmons, the chairman, president and CEO of Zions Bancorporation, replaces Salt Lake attorney David Jordan.
“With decades of experience in both business and the community, Harris brings valuable knowledge of what the state of Utah needs to thrive,” Herbert said. “This insight will be invaluable in promoting educational opportunities that enrich our students and ultimately grow our economy.”
Simmons has served as chairman of the Salt Lake County Zoo Arts and Parks campaign. He also serves on the board of directors for Questar Corporation and the National Life Group. He is a past chairman of the American Bankers Association.
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention...
- Consumer index climbs to record level in Utah
- Lawsuit accuses state of illegally pursuing...
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't touch that 529 plan
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- 9 startup companies perfect for your family
- Balancing act: First 'real' job teaches...
- Does getting married really increase wealth...
- Fast food workers vow civil disobedience 18
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't leave an estate... 13
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 12
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via... 12
- Sarah Palin launches online... 10
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't touch that 529... 8
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention... 8
- Utah Transit Authority eyeing electric... 4