Mike Terry, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Utah Gov. Gary Herbert has appointed Harris H. Simmons as a member of the State Board of Regents.
Simmons, the chairman, president and CEO of Zions Bancorporation, replaces Salt Lake attorney David Jordan.
“With decades of experience in both business and the community, Harris brings valuable knowledge of what the state of Utah needs to thrive,” Herbert said. “This insight will be invaluable in promoting educational opportunities that enrich our students and ultimately grow our economy.”
Simmons has served as chairman of the Salt Lake County Zoo Arts and Parks campaign. He also serves on the board of directors for Questar Corporation and the National Life Group. He is a past chairman of the American Bankers Association.
- Kennecott lays off roughly 100 workers Thursday
- Utah ranks No. 1 for economic outlook for...
- US companies challenging contraception mandate
- 'Mantiques' could be a ticket to more cash
- The future of food? 3D printing moves beyond...
- S.L. draws up airport plans
- Couples registry gets preliminary nod from...
- XanGo seeks ouster of co-founder in new lawsuit
- S.L. draws up airport plans 33
- Couples registry gets preliminary nod... 29
- Should we let wunderkinds drop out of... 13
- Obama opposes GOP bill on Keystone XL... 11
- US companies challenging contraception... 9
- IRS official to take the 5th at hearing 8
- Apple's Cook to face Senate questions... 6
- The future of food? 3D printing moves... 6